Tower Defense Scenario [beta]

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
blueblue
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Tower Defense Scenario [beta]

Post by blueblue »

Factorio Tower Defense Scenario
This is factorio in a tower defense style scenario. I'm still working on it but it's playable and hopefully enjoyable. It was intended as a campaign level as you might find in other RTS games. As a result it is faster paced than sandbox mode and the factorio campaign levels and you will be entirely focused on building your defenses and holding off waves. The closest analogon is the wave defense scenario in vanilla, though this one has a few twists of its own. Biters will march on given paths straight to your rocket silo, you cannot build on the paths but you can build turrets and fire at them. Of course you'll also have to start mining resources to supply ammo and make more turrets. It will take about an hour or two depending on the difficulty level and wether you can live through it.

Can currently only be played in single player! The scenario is packaged as a mod. The scenario is almost entirely vanilla but it does include rocket turrets and as a side-effect of enabling the mod you can build those in the normal game too.
Images
This is all you need to read before playing. If you do play, I'd appreciate if you come back and leave some remarks later.

The following summarizes where the scenario is in terms of development.
Development Status
The following are some less important issues, if you give feedback give the stuff above this more attention.
Details, Up for debate
Download it at the mod portal.
You can find the source on github.

Finally, for this scenario I used factorio-stdlib and the rocket turret graphics from Predictabowl's Turrets Mod.

Enjoy playing!
unique_2 on discord and mod portal

rocifier
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Tower Defense Scenario [beta]

Post by rocifier »

Hi, can you help me understand where are the fixed paths that the biters follow? I tried to play but the map looks like a vanilla map?

blueblue
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by blueblue »

Edit: If you are asking this in 2020, you are probably asking about the version of the map that ZwerOxotnik converted to 0.18. Which I tested just now. The changes to the tech tree in 0.17 and 0.18 broke some stuff on the map which the ZwerOxotnik did not fix, so you might want to stay away from that mod for now.

The mod includes a scenario that you need to start. To do that, you should look for the tower defense scenario in the game menu under single player->new game->...
Keep in mind that I released an unpolished version and I didnt keep working on it after I posted it two years ago because there didn't seem to be much interest. It's definitely playable but it only works in single player, there's a few bugs and it is not really all that balanced since because I wanted to use vanilla values for turrets and biters, which was a bad idea in retrospect.
unique_2 on discord and mod portal

ZwerOxotnik
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZwerOxotnik »

rocifier wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:08 am
where are the fixed paths that the biters follow?
The biters just run to that rocket silo... it's not like a common TD...
blueblue wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:53 pm
The changes to the tech tree in 0.17 and 0.18 broke some stuff on the map which the ZwerOxotnik did not fix
I changed the script today so the upgrades work.
I make cakes from mods. However, I don't have dough now but you can help me.

ZwerOxotnik
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZwerOxotnik »

Btw, I'll make a TD-ish mod-scenario although unlikely... :/
The mod also won't have static paths because enemies change the map.
I make cakes from mods. However, I don't have dough now but you can help me.

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”