[NO LONGER] Looking for senior modder/scenario scripter

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Sjitty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[NO LONGER] Looking for senior modder/scenario scripter

Post by Sjitty »

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for someone who has experience with writing scenario scripts or mods to help me with a project I'm working on. The scenario would serve as a tutorial, going over all the features and mechanics of factorio in a step-wise manner, yet still playing in an open world with the same goal of launching a rocket. The tutorial would also be story driven and play somewhat like an RPG with a premade map that somewhat looks like a fantasy-movie map (e.g. LOTR, GOT, ..), which will make exploring the map more rewarding, because some stuff will just not be available at your current location. Acces to technology would also be based on where you are in the story/world and would require you to first use the technology to solve some puzzles (e.g. quests) to proove you really understand what you're doing. Everything would be vanilla, so it would most likely be a scenario rather than a mod.
I don't want to go into further details here in public, but the point is, I have a project with lots of ideas in my head, but it would help me a lot if I can work with someone who can help me with the scripting. I have some experience in coding, but I'd rather not start from scratch with this new language. That does mean I would be able to script as well as soon as I get some experience with it alongside.

I'm 28 y/o, from Belgium (UST+1) (for practical reasons), pls PM me if you're interested, I'll be happy to fill you in on the details, maybe during a game of factorio? :) If you don't like me (or I don't like you :o) or the project, no harm done.

Thanks
Regards

P.S. If you would know about a project that sounds just like this, let me know so I don't reinvent the wheel here.
Last edited by Sjitty on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Looking for senior modder/scenario scripter

Post by Bilka »

I'm very interested in this! I have a bit of experience in factorio modding (just search for Bilka on the mod portal), so I should be able to help you with most stuff :)
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Sjitty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [NO LONGER] Looking for senior modder/scenario scripter

Post by Sjitty »

Due to new occupations, I'm no longer continuing with this project. Sorry, thanks for the replies though!

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [NO LONGER] Looking for senior modder/scenario scripter

Post by darkfrei »

Sjitty wrote:Due to new occupations, I'm no longer continuing with this project. Sorry, thanks for the replies though!
Was it good? Can you explain your idea?

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”