Islands MP scenario

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Korpuskularny
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Islands MP scenario

Post by Korpuskularny »

Hello,

This is custom map + mod kind of thing.

I've been playing with idea of scenario that has multiple exactly the same square islands (like up to 100). Each with own spawn point. Ppl would be able to form coalitions (like with the Oarcinae/FactorioScenarioMultiplayerSpawn).

With current world generator it's hard to create a (mostly) empty map, with just water - on which I can place square islands, separated with creeps islands.

Idea is to have..:
1) each player has exactly the same, square island with same resources
2) each island is separated with creeps islands
3) tech for building land is.. very expensive and harder to get (like +2 science packs needs, and 1000 of each)

My biggest problem is creating the map - with current editor I can't do it. I need to clear a lot of land, to create islands. And then I can't copy islands (parts of map) in a way of: select, copy, paste.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Islands MP scenario

Post by darkfrei »

Korpuskularny wrote: 3) tech for building land is.. very expensive and harder to get (like +2 science packs needs, and 1000 of each)
No recipes in scenario.

RunAge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Islands MP scenario

Post by RunAge »

You can't change tech cost (API limitation) but its workaround disable research for landfill, add chest (unmainable,etc) where u will check if player has 999 packs next clear chest and enable research for landfill and set it progress to 99% (Again API limitation "the new progress must be < 100%.") then someone start normally research
ref. http://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaForce.html

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”