Wanted: PvE Friendly Separate Teams With Own Starting Base.

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Wanted: PvE Friendly Separate Teams With Own Starting Base.

Post by Kane »

Looking for a Scenario for 0.15 of course that offers separate research / graphs and starting areas but everyone is friendly turret wise. Something clean and simple and not so bloated.

"Currently in 0.14 there are no "friendly" forces. There are just forces of which you've got a cease-fire. I added "friend" force support for 0.15 which gives you access to the inventories/entities on the other force."

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Wanted: PvE Friendly Separate Teams With Own Starting Base.

Post by Klonan »

The PvP scenario can accomplish this, just set everyone on the same 'Team number' and set to locked teams

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Klonan wrote:The PvP scenario can accomplish this, just set everyone on the same 'Team number' and set to locked teams
Oh wow thanks I will have to check it out. But if they are the same team though I assume that is shared production / research? I was hoping for neither.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Kane wrote:
Klonan wrote:The PvP scenario can accomplish this, just set everyone on the same 'Team number' and set to locked teams
Oh wow thanks I will have to check it out. But if they are the same team though I assume that is shared production / research? I was hoping for neither.
They will be separate 'forces', but will be allied, ie friends, if they have the same 'team number'

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Might as well use this thread to ask more about this.

"Changed evolution from global to per force" Does not seem to be working at all. Unless /evolution is wrong.

Also is there friendly (allied) to be able to see at least each others play icons on the map discovered or not. Even allied their totally red:

They should be if not green a allied color.

Thanks.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Kane wrote:Might as well use this thread to ask more about this.

"Changed evolution from global to per force" Does not seem to be working at all. Unless /evolution is wrong.

Also is there friendly (allied) to be able to see at least each others play icons on the map discovered or not. Even allied their totally red:

They should be if not green a allied color.

Thanks.
Evolution shows the evolution factor for the 'enemy' force

I will see about changing friends map colors,

Other than that, is the scenario working well for you?

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Klonan wrote: Evolution shows the evolution factor for the 'enemy' force

I will see about changing friends map colors,

Other than that, is the scenario working well for you?

Yup it seems to be working quite well. The biggest issue (not the scenario at fault really) Is how big the biters bases are just outside our bases. You really need to tech up quite a bit to fight them. I'm using the rail gen right now. But that is expected since further you go out the denser they become. Really enjoying the ability though now to open my mates machines and break/place things and helping each other out when needed. Ohh and gates and such opening now is a big one too. We really enjoy this type of gameplay having our own research / stats but being as allied as possible.

Blackraz0r
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Blackraz0r »

The new PvP scenario is that awesome.
We tested it like a few hours ago. That would be our new favorite play style for a very long time now!

DevBoyz thank you for such an amazing scenario, this was what we ever wanted to have!

Keep up the great work, we really need/love stuff like this!

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Yikes there is for sure something odd.

First Image: Vanilla, Rail World, Big Start Small Water, Biter Expansions on
Second Image Everything above with the scenario.
Third image is the second image cut up places on the first image.

Not sure if there is a way to calculate sort of the way it works in single player starting at spawn since you do create the players bases ahead of time it be cool to adjust biter spawns a bit better to be around the players more.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

To add more to this.

So it has some effect but then none? It's almost like idk how to explain it... Almost like there is no generators spawning the biters lol.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

I tested it, spawning maps with different biter settings, and it all seems to be the same

We have some upcoming map generation changes, so I will test again after they are in the game to see if there might be something we can fix.

Theres also the 'issue' that biter base size increases as your get further out from {0,0},
So when the bases are spawned far apart from one another, they will naturally be near larger bases

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Okay thanks for the info. Yeah my mate has a bit of a biterfobia. I love them and he hates them. If he could have more of a normal start he would not hate it so much. But either way will wait on MP For a while and revisit maybe in 16. I will start getting back into Single :)

Thanks for the info.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Much much better. I did not expect to see this anytime soon Thank you :)

Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Oarc »

I'll take a chance at plugging my own scenario:
https://github.com/Oarcinae/FactorioSce ... layerSpawn

The pros:
It's very simple to use and start a game. I don't like complex GUIs in the game to configure stuff. I also like that people can join the game later at anytime.
I just added the ability to be on different teams. Added a shared vision ability as well (this does NOT happen with normal friendly teams/forces).
It's only PvE/CooP so all teams are friendly. This is specifically NOT a PvP map.
Using RSO and some of my own code, spawning far out is safe. Evolution still happens over time and that's the only thing you need to worry about.

I would highly recommend taking a look at my scenario based on what you were asking for.
Please let me know if you have any feedback/questions. I can guide you through any config/tweaking.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Thanks mate. I used your scenario before we had talked ages ago. I liked the new changes / features with the PvP Map. That being said I will be sure to check yours out in the future. I'm not sure how you deal with biters and far away bases and such but it's dealt with well now in the PvP Scenario. Really the PvP one is almost perfect in a way now it could of course use a few changes but it's getting better.

The shared vision is one thing I wish was enabled option via the Diplomacy window with other diplomacy options.

Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Oarc »

The biters issue with far away bases is pretty easily fixed with RSO (I use a soft mod version embedded directly into the scenario).
I'll take a look at how the devs solved this problem in the PvP scenario.

How does the PvP scenario handle players joining after the map has already been setup and started? Do you have to manually create each team at the start? Are the spawn locations randomized? I haven't had a chance to test it out much.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

You make all the spawns at the start. They can copy them or random gen though if you random gen it's pretty much just one spot with the proper ores and the rest screwed.

Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Oarc »

Yeah... that doesn't work for me. I want something where any player can join at any time and still get a decent spawn.
Either way, I have lots to learn from the PvP scenario since it's directly from the dev's hands. (Thanks devs!)

WIZ4
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by WIZ4 »

Hi. How can I modify a scenario so that when a player enters the server, he has a button where he can create a team and invite players into it?
The fact is that when a player joins an existing team, he can start grifing.
Therefore, I want the player to be able to create a team when entering the server, but he could join others only by invitation.
Sorry for my google translate.
My native language is russian. Sorry if my messages are difficult to read.

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”