[0.9.8] The Oasis

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Meorwow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.9.8] The Oasis

Post by Meorwow »

(click for larger resolution)
A common complaint I hear from my factorio-playing friends is that the game is simply too easy - you just sit in your base, fending off the occasional biter attack, and once you have built some advanced weaponry you move out and bulldoze all enemies in your way. I have attempted to rectify this problem by making a map in which you are forced to constantly battle challenging, if not overwhelming, enemies. A map in which, with the exception of some starting stone and iron, every resource field is guarded by the enemy. Most importantly though, a map in which you are on the offensive from the very first minutes. The result, which I called The Oasis, pleases me enough to release it to the broader Factorio community. It's a save file, not a scenario, so put it into your Factorio\saves folder.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9cmtrz8o50e1zx/oasis.zip
The result of an 16 hour play-through are seen in the tab below. I've used no mods in it.
Spoilers
Last edited by Meorwow on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Club Sandbox
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.9.8] The Oasis

Post by Club Sandbox »

Hi,
After some try i would like to ask you how do you pass through the medium bitters from copper ores ?
~ β–€β–€β–€ French Fan site community, manager my : Sandbox YT channel (Eng sub still WIP) β–€β–€β–€ ~

Meorwow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Meorwow »

How to gain access to the first big copper ore field

Club Sandbox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Club Sandbox »

Meorwow wrote:
How to gain access to the first big copper ore field
Hi, thx fast for reply.
What you say is... strange because
Last edited by Club Sandbox on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ β–€β–€β–€ French Fan site community, manager my : Sandbox YT channel (Eng sub still WIP) β–€β–€β–€ ~

Meorwow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Meorwow »

Oh, but I do realise this :P
I have played through this map and won without using any cheats.
Explanation
Further explanation

Club Sandbox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Club Sandbox »

Oops...
I go make some test and a spotlight see you in few hours ^^ !

Club Sandbox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Club Sandbox »

Sorry for double post but :

It's done you can read (french only but you can see "note") : http://factorio-fr.com/mod-spotlight-2/
Or watch here my video : https://www.youtube.com/user/ClubSandbox

Thanks for this sweet map and keep going i realy enjoye it.

Ps : You really should take care of your formating, because your first post doesn't take a good image of your beautifull map ;)

Meorwow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Meorwow »

Heyah, sorry for the delay, but I was waiting for a French-speaking friend to look at your review and translate it for me.
The reply

Club Sandbox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Club Sandbox »

Re,
Hehe glad to do it i like the map it's hard i'am trying some twiking with couple of mod to get the "true hard mode" but at the moment it get very very hard (unless you activate some mod after).
When my testing will be concluant i will post the mix of each "mod" get to my "true hard mode"
Maybe...

Return to β€œMaps and Scenarios”