[Scenario] No Belts Challenge.

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Scenario] No Belts Challenge.

Post by Bushdoctor »

Good day Factoneers,

Done with all the achievements? Here's another challenge for ya!
Finish the game and launch your rocket without using any transporter belts, underground belts, or even splitters.
That's right, you gotta do it all with your logistic bots! You get 40 to start with, a nice set of requester- and provider chests and a few more bonus items that will help you get started.
You will soon find out that's far from enough, so you need to research your Logistics Network as soon as possible.
No Belts Challenge
This scenario will encourage and sometimes force you to find solutions to problems you never had before. You will find new ways to set up transportation and distribution.
You will find that there's more ways to do that besides using your logistic bots. It will probably be necessary to set up separate logistic areas and not have your roboports connect to the rest in some places.
You will maybe create 'inserter bridges' to control items going from one logistic area to another, or perhaps you will start using your trains in ways you never did before.
It might even get you into using those crazy red and green wires for a change! Who knows.

Play it vanilla or use mods, play it however you want, but don't you dare to put down a single belt!
Keep in mind you do need to produce them for your research bottles, so don't get tempted! :mrgreen:

Enemies on this map are on Low setting and won't bother you for quite a while. In hindsight I would have liked a bit more alien threat earlier on,
so if you guys like this scenario, I might recreate it in a more dangerous world.

Have fun!
NoBeltsChallenge.v1.1.rar
Put the rar file in this folder: [username]/Appdata/Roaming/Factorio/scenarios
Then rightclick the rar file and choose: Extract here.
(2.46 MiB) Downloaded 358 times

P.S. Can somebody re-upload this rar as a zip file please? For some mysterious reason Winzip is not installed on this PC. Thanks.

Fltwrm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Scenario] No Belts Challenge.

Post by Fltwrm »

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

And here's the zip:
Attachments
NoBeltsChallenge.v1.1.zip
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 266 times

riking
Inserter
Inserter

Post by riking »

Bushdoctor wrote: P.S. Can somebody re-upload this rar as a zip file please? For some mysterious reason Winzip is not installed on this PC. Thanks.
I believe you can right-click a folder and select Send To > Compressed Archive (.zip). It's built into Windows, no need for a separate program.

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

Fltwrm wrote:CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

And here's the zip:
Great! Thanks for posting the zip.
I'm curious how you guys are doing with this challenge. It got really messy with trains for a while here, but I solved that with some more rails.
I'm currently producing materials for the rocket launch, so I'm getting close, but I had to increase my bot armies tremendously to get there..
riking wrote:I believe you can right-click a folder and select Send To > Compressed Archive (.zip). It's built into Windows, no need for a separate program.
It was under 'Copy To' for me... Dang, they hid that well, I would never have found it without your reply. Thanks!

Fltwrm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fltwrm »

I made it :)

Ended up playing almost all day yesterday, so I could finish the challenge today after work... AAannnnd now it's 1:40 AM and I've got work in the morning...

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/Nhtbg

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

Fltwrm wrote:I made it :)
Holy crap man! That's an entire illustrated walk through! Great stuff. You seem to approach this WAY different than I do.
Looks like I need to step up my game hard and stop messing with just a few machines.. I need fields full of them!
Like that field-o-furnaces! Hah. awesome.

t-lor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by t-lor »

sounds fun
giving it a go now ;)

So technically speaking, is this now a blue belt ? :P

t-lor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by t-lor »

Was fun for a bit. Got as far as hooking in a refinery
Then i realised i was just turnin into manually load stacks of iron in a container until i could make enough bots to keep up.
and at that point i usually stop using belt anyway.

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

t-lor wrote: So technically speaking, is this now a blue belt ? :P
Hahaha! Nope. Still good. :D
Man, that looks nice with those new boilers. Damn me for not having 64bit installed.
t-lor wrote: (..) at that point i usually stop using belt anyway.
True...true..

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”