Scenario Map Settings & --scenario2map ?

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Scenario Map Settings & --scenario2map ?

Post by Oarc »

Hello,

When using --scenario2map to create a new random map from a scenario, how do you change the map settings like the resource amounts?
My scenario doesn't use any of the .dat files as I want a new map each time I generate it.

My current method is to create a single player game, which gives you the map settings options, which I can then use that save to load a multiplayer game.

I'd like to be able to combine --scenario2map with --map-gen-settings or something.
Anyone know if this is possible?

The end goal is being able to generate new maps from the command line for my scenario.

Thanks,
Oarc

sqamsqam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Scenario Map Settings & --scenario2map ?

Post by sqamsqam »

Ive been trying to do the same with your scenario but have it generated server side instead of loading it through the client then needing to upload it to my server. ive been able to launch the headless server with --start-server-load-scenario but it always generates the same map.

I also had to comment out some stuff in the Init for RSO to get it to stop crashing when someone connects to the server.

it would be nice if you could use something like this to include the scenario when you create a map

Code: Select all

./factorio --create save.zip --map-gen-settings map-gen-settings.json --scenario2map ScenarioName

Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Oarc »

I wanted to bump this thread since 0.15 has added some map generation stuff.

My question is still:
Can I generate a NEW scenario (that doesn't have a fixed map) map from the command line? :?:

I want to be able to specify the scenario folder, the map gen settings file, and create a map from the command line instead of manually doing it via the actual game GUI.

Thanks!

(I haven't had a chance to look through the new 0.15 map gen settings file stuff, maybe there's a seed option or something as well to create new maps?)

Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Oarc »

So the way I think you can get around this is by not using the main game surface.

On player created and on init. Use a new surface and provide whatever settings you want.

This way, a scenario with any map-get settings can be created from the command line :)

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”