Factory Floor - Input/Output Idle game

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Factory Floor - Input/Output Idle game

Post by Klonan »

0.16 release on the mod portal:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/factory-floor

So i have been working on this for a while,
Here is a .zip
Old versions

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.14] Factory Floor - Input/Output Idle game

Post by aubergine18 »

Awesome win! This should be in mod portal IMHO. :)

> Other games try to clone factorio
> Simple Factorio mod replicates clone games
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

ETA on Google Play Store? :P

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Just watched some videos about Big Pharma on Youtube, then remembered I have downloaded this scenario. Did a quick test and quickly addicted to it.
Man, you beat the whole game by just some lua files and a blueprint! :lol:

Wish list:
- Better UI for buying items. Ideally we will have the same layout of the crafting menu, as it is what we are familiar with.
- Ability to buy lands, to expand the factory by costing money.
- Buy fluids!
- Improve the requester chests: currently, it requires you to have enough money for buying the whole requested item stack or the chest will simply stop buying items. It confused me for a few minutes until I figured out that I have to lower the item count so it can work properly.
- Fix for the loaders: ability to make a compressed express belt in front of it.

Some quick tips for players (but I may be wrong. Trust yourself if you find any difference to your experience. :P)
1) Very important: electricity costs you money!
2) Due to point 1, don't connect the electricity network before your factory is ready.
3) Due to point 1, you won't want machines to be idle because they still drain energy.
4) Selling low profit items like iron gear wheels may not be a good idea because you need to pay for the electricity. I haven't done math, but requesting iron plates and selling transport belts seems to be better than selling iron gear wheels for startup.
5) Don't buy too much or you won't have enough money for buying electricity and selling things.
6) You can't handcraft.
7) The UI for buying items is awkward at this moment, so you won't rely on it. And also due to the previous point, you will need to automate the production of transport belts, which is also why making and selling transport belts is a good idea, then, when technology is ready, inserters and assembling machines.
8) So, you will need to mass production electronic circuit, just like how you do in normal gameplay.
9) However, space is limited. You will need to build things as compacted as possible. Also that's why I have installed Factorissimo. Hopefully it will bring the game to another level, literally. :lol:
Edit: aw, I can't enter the factory of Factorissimo in god mode. :cry:
10) But still, the number of requester chests is limited. Don't block their paths!
11) After you automated the production of electronic circuit, make and sell laboratories! It is the moment you start earning big money.

Here is my setup for early stage:
12) I haven't tried requesting copper wire directly. It may be a good idea due to fewer inserters and assembling machines needed, i.e. lower cost for electricity and less space.

skycoder
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by skycoder »

i have liked it very much. but:
1. i hoped found oil under concrete, but there was only water(may be it can be in random place, to make player, search it?)
2. when robots remove concrete under chests or accumulators it's failed with error

Code: Select all

Error MainLoop.cpp:766: Exception at tick 2514369: Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
        ...orio_alpha_x64_0.14.1/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:126: in function 'electric_exchange'
        ...orio_alpha_x64_0.14.1/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:77: in function <...orio_alpha_x64_0.14.1/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:73>
P.S. version 14.12, don't belive trace ;)
3. price menu should be removed, and it's function's moved to inventory, may be developers should help you and create some additional api )

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factory Floor - Input/Output Idle game

Post by Klonan »

I have updated the scenario:
  • Should be MP compatible now - Each player gets their own factory area
  • Price list generator should be more mod compatible
  • Buying items with your character is simplified - Just use the character crafting GUI
factory-floor-0.1.0.zip
(61.87 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Oh, this is cool! Unfortunately I won't be able to try it out for a few weeks.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

bergi9
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by bergi9 »

@Klonan : if you update this scenario for 0.16, please poke/pm me. For now this scenario is incompatible with 0.16: opening GUI crashs, tiles "out-of-map" causes unable to place player and impossible to make profit). Thanks in advance.

GeoStyx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GeoStyx »

This is awesome! Can't wait to play it with some friends tonight.

GeoStyx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GeoStyx »

Can't host game :( `control.lua:321: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)`

Fumelfo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fumelfo »

Really fun game mode !
But I'll admit, i abuse of the /c game.speed 50 (and it stills feel less cheaty than installing factorissimo, which would ruin the experience :D)

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

How do you place loaders in your scenario that load into containers? How do you flip loaders in the map editor?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Gergely wrote:How do you place loaders in your scenario that load into containers? How do you flip loaders in the map editor?
I set them with script manually

GeoStyx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GeoStyx »

Well this was fun :D Making over $5M profit with ~$10-15k expenses. Here's my build: Image

Next time I think we will be banning Kovarex (and probably logi bots) lol.

GeoStyx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GeoStyx »

Fumelfo wrote:Really fun game mode !
But I'll admit, i abuse of the /c game.speed 50 (and it stills feel less cheaty than installing factorissimo, which would ruin the experience :D)
Interesting, I never really found myself waiting around. Always something to work on.

bergi9
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by bergi9 »

@Klonan Thanks for the update
Btw: Energy seems to be free? I had 20MW beacons running and no production or consumption, and the cash didn't change. Also the calculation on the GUI is wrong too.

flyingkumquat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by flyingkumquat »

Seems like selling your starter items gives a huge boost, maybe you should start with nothing instead?

From a second post:
GeoStyx wrote:Next time I think we will be banning Kovarex (and probably logi bots) lol.
No reason to ban Kovarex really -- it takes 240k (in U235 alone) just to get 1 running, which is only a profit of just over 5k/m (not including the cost and effect of speed modules).
Besides, making Power armor MK2 makes significantly more money than Kovarex.

McFrye
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Grass floor in 0.16.36 stable?

Post by McFrye »

Is it normal that at the beginning all the floor is grass and the map isn't working as usual?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Looks pretty awesome.

A few things I think would be nice.

Mechanic clarifications
-Prices are constant, or do they fluxuate? And if they do, is it shared between players?
-Prices from mods. Real values do suggest it is dynamically generated.
-Power. How much does X amount of power cost? If you generate your own power, is it sold? Could I run a nuclear reactor?
-Item purchase stuff. If you place the last item in your inventory, it buys a new stack, but only if you can afford a whole stack. Why not just buy "As much as you can" or "Just one", if it fails. Or how does this work exactly? Also, sometimes I end up with items in my inventory and have to manually sell them.

Requests/ideas

-Expandable Factory. As long as it is just vertical/horizontal, shouldn't interfere with other players. Either a new area (With unbuildable terrain between), or just expanding the area.
-Megamap enabled - Radar doesn't enable it, and I can't look at other people's factories.
-Coop - Two+ players in the same area.
-Price display search/sort. Given it is sorted by price, I find it somewhat challenging to locate the item for price checking. Alternatively, show the price of the item in your hand, as it is pretty easy to just grab one of those items and check that way.
-Cash Flow Data. In addition to Income/Expenditures/Profit, let those expand and show each item type and the prices.
-restricted input/output ports. Allow alternate input/output locations, possibly as a "Before I start", so you can simulate a bus input, or similar. Allow locked/unlocked variants, such that "This is from mining input" or w.e. As a scenerio setting, not something the player does. Allow players to place input/output ports, but only on the map edge. Open up the terrai
-Alternate Input/Output ports - Instead of alternating design, make them flexable. Make the "requester" chests, if nothing is set, act as "Provider Chests". Allow the Loaders to be reversed in direction.
-Mutable Input/Output ports - Open up the band of terrain where the chests are, and if you build/remove an input/output chest there, it adds/removes the corresponding loader. Lets you adjust your inputs, though you have to purchase said chests.
-Semi-random Challenge. Designated Input/output. Have set input resources at some locations, and set outputs. Objective, naturally, is to produce and output resources, of the preset.
-Synergistic price scaling. If you sell bullets, the price drops. If you sell an occasional gun, say 1 per 100 magazines, the price barely drops at all. If you buy these resources, the benefit is lost. Similar for Cars + fuel, Modular armor + Equipment. Trains + traincars + fuel.
-Tech. Mode where tech is not fully enabled from the start, and you can't buy anything you haven't researched. Start from basic smelting, and either craft or purchase potions to unlock higher level stuff.
-Liquid inputs. If you request a barrel of stuff, or an empty barrel, it replaces the loader with a pipe/Tank, that eats/produces that liquid. May require extra space, not sure. Instead of having to "Buy barrel of water, Empty, sell barrel" it would just be a pipe of liquid.
-Ore/oil patches? not sure how this would work admittedly.

A lot of this is probably outside of the scope of the project, but at least some of these would be nice.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”