Production Bus Scenario

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Beeskee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Production Bus Scenario

Post by Beeskee »

This is a production bus scenario

TL;DR:
This scenario is meant to be super easy. I'm not expecting to impress anyone with this build :D
This is simply an easy starting scenario for players who would like to learn how to build a production bus
and more importantly, to have a nice clear area to do so. (Me)

"I am your assigned helper for this mission, Assistant Administrator. It appears the power at the landing site was out, and your shuttle has crashed. Fortunately, you survived. Let's continue."
Production Scenario - Crash Site.png
Production Scenario - Crash Site.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 4476 times
"Salvage the wreck for tools and equipment, and then proceed North while I fill you in."

"The Administrator has not reported in for some time. Their last report had them heading East while the Construction bots assembled a template. What happened to the bots, or The Administrator, is Unknown. One of your many tasks is to discover what happened to them."

"This first section of the Production Bus is the Power Generation section."
Production Scenario - Power.png
Production Scenario - Power.png (3.77 MiB) Viewed 4476 times
"The boilers and steam engines use one of the standard configurations. The rest is a custom water and oil pumping system, and some sort of raw resource overflow system. Please rearrange things if necessary, you have full construction and destruction permissions on this assignment. Your goal here is to establish power flow and provide fuel."

"This next area is Resource Processing"
Production Scenario - Smelting.png
Production Scenario - Smelting.png (3.23 MiB) Viewed 4476 times
"It looks like the job was unfinished here also. You'll need to rearrange furnaces or build additional ones to establish Copper and Iron production lines. (Scanning...) The number of lines involved and arrangement of the conveyors may be inefficient."

"Assistant Administrator, I have some bad news. My scans of the wreck are complete. Unfortunately the research library was irretrievably damaged in the crash. You'll have to rebuild it from the standard research packages."

"Resuming our survey: There are ore intakes on the North and South sides, however the mining has not been fully established."

"This area is the start of the Production Bus"
Production Scenario - Production.png
Production Scenario - Production.png (3.19 MiB) Viewed 4476 times
"There are lines for copper plates, iron plates, and two additional lines. Common configurations include Electronic Circuits and Steel, however please feel free to adjust things as you see fit."

"I'm not quite sure what The Administrator had in mind with this next section, though it looks like you could kick start your production with it. Or rip it up and reconfigure it as desired."
Production Scenario - Resource Meter.png
Production Scenario - Resource Meter.png (3.95 MiB) Viewed 4476 times
"I suppose you can run quickly West along those lanes. Or remove them and repurpose them, as I cannot vouch for the efficiency of this configuration."

"Congratulations on your promotion... Administrator. "

"And good luck. You may need it."

Installation:

"Run" this: %APPDATA%\Factorio\Scenarios
- either by pasting into the Search Programs and Files field in the start menu,
or in the "URL" bar / location bar in your file manager.
Extract the Zip and put the scenario folder in there.
Attachments
Production Bus test 3.zip
(6.81 MiB) Downloaded 303 times

TommyRank
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Production Bus Scenario

Post by TommyRank »

Thanks for the map!

are there any biters?

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Thank you Beeskee
one can learn a lot from your map...

Beeskee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beeskee »

TommyRank wrote:Thanks for the map!

are there any biters?
You're welcome! :)

Yes there are biters. However - to make it less of a pain when getting started, I cleared out the bases north and south of the production line, as well as the ones that were along the line itself. You'll see the dangerous areas to the East before you run into trouble.
brunzenstein wrote:Thank you Beeskee
one can learn a lot from your map...
You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it. :)

Any feedback is appreciated. Some things are just there for the players to deconstruct and move elsewhere if needed, but the majority of it should at least make sense, if for nothing else than to inspire a player to think "I can do this better" :D

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Beeskee wrote:
You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it. :)
I liked it so much that I asked Kovarex in a PM to have a look at it, in order that he may include such a nifty map scenario in the upcoming 0.13 version

More starter scenario buildings based on combinators and robots could be helpful to better understand their underlying processes / functionality

Beeskee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beeskee »

Certainly!

The makers of the game are welcome to include this scenario and other scenarios that I make in scenario packs and in the game itself or game expansions.

Others are welcome to include this scenario and other scenarios that I make in their download packs or scenario packs or other user-assisting content also.

I'd recommend to include either a link to the appropriate forum thread, or a copy of any flavor text and images.

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”