Map editing help

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Lv99_Magikarp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Map editing help

Post by Lv99_Magikarp »

Hello people of factorio.I request a little help. So i have the steam version of factorio and i just so happened to spawn in an island where there is no way out(i just found out its an island after like 10 hours of playing in the world).So now i want to edit the terrain to replace the water with land.I used the method in this post, viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22730 and i managed to edit and saved the world.However, when i load the game for that map,its the same as how it was before i made the edits. Even when i load the custom scenarios(its saved under "user scenario") the edits is still not there. So i was wondering how do i play the edited map? Thank you for your time :) -Lv99 Magikarp

Edit-I found out that you have to choose the custom scenario map and walk around for it to generate the edited stuff. But a new issue occured. Not so sure how to explain it, but in short, how do i remove a custom scenario map?
Last edited by Lv99_Magikarp on Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaprshot2566
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Map editing help

Post by shaprshot2566 »

you could allways get the landfill mod and then ininstall it i think that would work.
*need confirmation though
and if you want to there will be an edit in the config flies to change ther recepie
but dont relly know aboutmap editing though sorry

Lv99_Magikarp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Map editing help

Post by Lv99_Magikarp »

Oh thank you for the suggestion. :)

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”