[0.12.20] 30-Stack Challenge.

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.20] 30-Stack Challenge.

Post by Schmendrick »

A few players have decided that a worthy challenge is to generate -- within 24 hours of gameplay -- thirty full stacks of every game item, except for fish (which would be tedious and torturous and not involve automation at all). This is a scenario that implements this challenge.

You'll start out with only an active provider chest, which you must place to be given your normal starting materials. Once placed, it cannot be moved at all. Items placed into this chest will be consumed until 30 stacks' worth of any given item have been submitted. (Any excess will remain, and you will receive a nagging notifications until they are removed.)

A display tracks how much time you have left, as well as how many item types you have successfully submitted. A reminder of how many incomplete items must be supplied is given as well.
30stack.jpg
30stack.jpg (88.76 KiB) Viewed 19073 times
You can use this scenario with any map settings you wish, or a map exchange string. When you finish the scenario (either by submitting all required items or after 24 hours have passed), the game over screen also displays your map settings, for convenient screenshots.
30stackend.jpg
30stackend.jpg (63.7 KiB) Viewed 19073 times
Using this scenario with mods will have those mods' items taken into account, with the exception of biter (or corpse) drops, or anything added to the world explicitly by mod scripting.

You will need to unzip this into your "scenarios" directory (next to the "mods" directory); Factorio does not unzip scenarios automatically the way it does mods.

I am interested in translations (and, of course, bug reports)!
Attachments
30-Stack.zip
(3.89 KiB) Downloaded 662 times
Like my mods? Check out another! Or see older, pre-0.12.0 mods.

Danielv123
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.20] 30-Stack Challenge.

Post by Danielv123 »

Surprised there have been no comments yet, but this is now declared as impossible. You need an average production of 200k plates/minute through the 24 hours, and due to setup time this would at least double. PERHAPS with bobs mods and starting with some good infrastructure and an inventory of god modules.

Melfish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Melfish »

At first i read only 30 of each item, which sounded like a fun and relaxing challange, 30 STACKS however.
I think without modules it could be possible, as alien eggs are dropped, do they (and tier 3 modules) even count?
Either way i like the challange and will try this if not something simmilair.

eddieballgame
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eddieballgame »

Missed this post, this looks like an interesting way to set up a challenge vs other folks via a "saved game" file. Create a save game, share with your opponents & see who completes the items goal in a given time period. May adjust the victory conditions a bit, but I really like this idea.

eddieballgame
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eddieballgame »

I must modify my view on this scenario. I think this is a brilliant idea. Thank you for the work you did. I am experimenting with a 10-Stack challenge at the moment. :)

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

eddieballgame wrote:via a "saved game" file. Create a save game, share with your opponents
Yeah, you can just use a map exchange seed.

eddieballgame
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eddieballgame »

You know, I never thought of that...thank you.

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

On the other hand, scenario script is saved with a game save file, so you could also distribute the save, if for some reason people didn't want to download the scenario. So you have a few options. :)

eddieballgame
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eddieballgame »

@Schmendrick, I have a question for you. I am really liking this mod, & consider it to be my favorite of all that have been made so far. Using this mod for a short ( a few hours ) play session vs others is a viable "head to head" competitive endeavor. I took the liberty to adjust the 30 stack requirement to 10 & 5 for shorter gaming sessions. I also have a thought about an in-game performance rating.
Now for my question; I was wondering ( trying to do it myself has not worked out very well ) if it was possible to show an in-game rating with a formula that would involve the Timer & the Chest Inventory? For example, Time left x Chest Inv; simple & crude. If you like to share your wisdom on this, I would be most appreciative.
I really think this fantastic game would be enhanced with some kind of a viewable performance rating. I was told that modders did not have access to the in-game production numbers; your mod is the only one I have seen that comes the closest to being able to implement this idea. Thank you again for a great mod & your input.

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

eddieballgame wrote:@Schmendrick, I have a question for you. I am really liking this mod, & consider it to be my favorite of all that have been made so far. Using this mod for a short ( a few hours ) play session vs others is a viable "head to head" competitive endeavor. I took the liberty to adjust the 30 stack requirement to 10 & 5 for shorter gaming sessions. I also have a thought about an in-game performance rating.
Now for my question; I was wondering ( trying to do it myself has not worked out very well ) if it was possible to show an in-game rating with a formula that would involve the Timer & the Chest Inventory? For example, Time left x Chest Inv; simple & crude. If you like to share your wisdom on this, I would be most appreciative.
I really think this fantastic game would be enhanced with some kind of a viewable performance rating. I was told that modders did not have access to the in-game production numbers; your mod is the only one I have seen that comes the closest to being able to implement this idea. Thank you again for a great mod & your input.
Well, I've been considering revisiting this concept from a slightly different angle. This scenario, when started, finds all research/buildable items and sets a goal for each item of 30 stacks' worth. Then as you put stuff in the destination chest, it deletes them and decrements the "number needed" count for that item. I have been thinking of changing it so that instead of keeping track of what you *need*, it keeps track of what you've submitted. That way if someone adds (or removes) a mod between saves, it can adapt.

And as far as I know, we don't have access to in-game production numbers. This mod just constantly monitors the "goal" chest and takes needed items out of it. In that way, it's very similar to the Supply challenge from the scenario pack. Which you should probably look into, actually, if you haven't noticed it yet, as it provides a scoring system, and even has its stages laid out conveniently in a list, in case you want to make a copy and tweak it.

eddieballgame
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eddieballgame »

Once again, thank you for your insight. I did check out the "supply scenario". Interesting, I already have some ideas for tweaking it. Now, if I can just figure out how to implement that particular scenario with the Random Map Generator.

MadeOfGoldZ
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MadeOfGoldZ »

hello , can we play this scenario in multiplayer? Because i've tryed but we get only desync errors

doctrof
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by doctrof »

How to update it for 0.13 ???

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”