> Other games try to clone factorio
> Simple Factorio mod replicates clone games
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.
Just watched some videos about Big Pharma on Youtube, then remembered I have downloaded this scenario. Did a quick test and quickly addicted to it.
Man, you beat the whole game by just some lua files and a blueprint!
- Better UI for buying items. Ideally we will have the same layout of the crafting menu, as it is what we are familiar with.
- Ability to buy lands, to expand the factory by costing money.
- Buy fluids!
- Improve the requester chests: currently, it requires you to have enough money for buying the whole requested item stack or the chest will simply stop buying items. It confused me for a few minutes until I figured out that I have to lower the item count so it can work properly.
- Fix for the loaders: ability to make a compressed express belt in front of it.
Some quick tips for players (but I may be wrong. Trust yourself if you find any difference to your experience. )
1) Very important: electricity costs you money!
2) Due to point 1, don't connect the electricity network before your factory is ready.
3) Due to point 1, you won't want machines to be idle because they still drain energy.
4) Selling low profit items like iron gear wheels may not be a good idea because you need to pay for the electricity. I haven't done math, but requesting iron plates and selling transport belts seems to be better than selling iron gear wheels for startup.
5) Don't buy too much or you won't have enough money for buying electricity and selling things.
6) You can't handcraft.
7) The UI for buying items is awkward at this moment, so you won't rely on it. And also due to the previous point, you will need to automate the production of transport belts, which is also why making and selling transport belts is a good idea, then, when technology is ready, inserters and assembling machines.
8) So, you will need to mass production electronic circuit, just like how you do in normal gameplay.
9) However, space is limited. You will need to build things as compacted as possible. Also that's why I have installed Factorissimo. Hopefully it will bring the game to another level, literally.
Edit: aw, I can't enter the factory of Factorissimo in god mode.
10) But still, the number of requester chests is limited. Don't block their paths!
11) After you automated the production of electronic circuit, make and sell laboratories! It is the moment you start earning big money.
Here is my setup for early stage:
20161001021111_1.jpg (368.01 KiB) Viewed 9702 times
12) I haven't tried requesting copper wire directly. It may be a good idea due to fewer inserters and assembling machines needed, i.e. lower cost for electricity and less space.
i have liked it very much. but:
1. i hoped found oil under concrete, but there was only water(may be it can be in random place, to make player, search it?)
2. when robots remove concrete under chests or accumulators it's failed with error
Error MainLoop.cpp:766: Exception at tick 2514369: Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
...orio_alpha_x64_0.14.1/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:126: in function 'electric_exchange'
...orio_alpha_x64_0.14.1/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:77: in function <...orio_alpha_x64_0.14.1/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:73>
P.S. version 14.12, don't belive trace
3. price menu should be removed, and it's function's moved to inventory, may be developers should help you and create some additional api )
@Klonan : if you update this scenario for 0.16, please poke/pm me. For now this scenario is incompatible with 0.16: opening GUI crashs, tiles "out-of-map" causes unable to place player and impossible to make profit). Thanks in advance.
Seems like selling your starter items gives a huge boost, maybe you should start with nothing instead?
From a second post:
GeoStyx wrote:Next time I think we will be banning Kovarex (and probably logi bots) lol.
No reason to ban Kovarex really -- it takes 240k (in U235 alone) just to get 1 running, which is only a profit of just over 5k/m (not including the cost and effect of speed modules).
Besides, making Power armor MK2 makes significantly more money than Kovarex.