[posila] [1.1.34] Crash corrupts player and achievement data

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
kaesaecracker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[posila] [1.1.34] Crash corrupts player and achievement data

Post by kaesaecracker »

Release: steam, Version: 1.1.34 (build 58519, linux64)
Completely unmodded. Non-blocking saving was enabled, but this was a single player map.

What did you do?
I think I placed some rails, did not do anything special.

What happened?
The game crashed (as in: the window was gone instantly without a previous hang). After restarting, two pop ups told me that the player data and local archivement data were corrupted.
Interestingly steam was also gone - but I did not interact with it. AFAIK steam waits for confirmation of shutdowns before terminating applications - right?

What did you expect to happen instead?
I expected the game not to crash, or at least not to corrupt the data.

Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them. Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
Happened once, I do not know a way to reproduce this.

This is the first major bug I experienced in factorio, and it might not even be a factorio bug. Thank you for making Cracktorio, Wube :D
Attachments
bootstrap_log.txt
I think this is the relevant portion of the steam logs?
(8.56 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
_autosave2.zip
Last autosave of the crashing map
(18.21 MiB) Downloaded 149 times
config.ini
My config
(26.48 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
factorio-current.log
The instance that told me my data is corrupted
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
factorio-previous.log
The instance that crashed
(5.07 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] [1.1.34] Crash corrupts player and achievement data

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
From the Steam log and what you said I can see that Steam got terminated and relaunched between the two runs ...

The Factorio log ends abruptly (without crash stacktrace), so I think Steam Client crashed (as their log is missing Shutdown message before Startup at 07:46), which caused Steam API integration to terminate the game (that's not under our control; besides removing Steam API integrate entirely)

In Steam version of the game player-data.json and achievements.dat are saved to Steam Remote Storage, so I think the files got corrupted inside the Steam due to something related to its crash (maybe it crashed because something got corrupted, or files got corrupted because Steam crashed)

Return to “1 / 0 magic”