[kovarex] [1.1.26] Desync vanilla

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Munkeywaxx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.26] Desync vanilla

Post by Munkeywaxx »

Greetings,
Suddenly came across a desync bug VIA Multiplayer [Steam | P2P].
Host is running Linux. I am running Win10. Alternates occasionally.

Created the map a few days ago VIA Editor, and continued to host between 2 of us.
Travelled about 15 minutes outside of base, died to a Worm, Respawned to create a fresh set of gear to go back and retrieve what I died with.
During this time, I went for a tea to wait for the crafting tree to finish and came back to the Desync screen. [I've not seen this before]

The game stutters every 5-30 seconds. It's not too big of an issue, though I feel this might be causing the issue. I can update the post if the issue is persistent.

This is all information I can think that might be helpful, happy to answer any questions if needed.

Logs are as follows:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yc8D-M ... sp=sharing

Cheers!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.26] Desync vanilla

Post by kovarex »

Hello.
I looked up into the desync report, and it quite clean, the only difference is the amount of bullets left in the 2 ammo magazines in the inventory of TagTotality.
This almost looks like some wrong calculation float manipulation with floats when merging or manipulating the 2 stacks in some way. Since this is very random, and we don't have other reports of this kind even when this code wasn't changed for a long time, I suspect some random hardware error.

Also the stutters should have nothing to do with desyncs.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”