[1.1.25] Crash saving (ElectricSubNetwork::save)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
MrBigglesworth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.25] Crash saving (ElectricSubNetwork::save)

Post by MrBigglesworth »

This has happened to me intermittently throughout a few versions now. Game is unmodded. It seems to only happen on the map screen, but 99% of the time, the map screen operates as intended. I am not sure what triggers this crash to occur on the instances when it does when it is otherwise fine.
Attachments
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
factorio-previous.log
(10.64 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.25] Crash saving (ElectricSubNetwork::save)

Post by Loewchen »

If you have multiple unrelated crashes it suggest a problem with your system. Post the logs of other crashes as well please.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

MrBigglesworth wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:08 pm
This has happened to me intermittently throughout a few versions now. Game is unmodded. It seems to only happen on the map screen, but 99% of the time, the map screen operates as intended. I am not sure what triggers this crash to occur on the instances when it does when it is otherwise fine.
Can you provide more log files?

MrBigglesworth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MrBigglesworth »

I was able to resolve this by updating my system BIOS (or so I presume, it went from every ~40 minutes to 20+ hours without recurring). This was on a new computer with a Ryzen 5900x - it seems whatever issues were lurking in the old 3000 series CPUs are still in the 5000 series. Loewchen's comment was very helpful in pointing me to trying this. Sorry I wasn't more responsive, but this problem is gone for me now, and I am able to happily play once more.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”