[0.17.79] Hard crash around the time of saving (Before and after), Corrupted autosave file

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
pepstick
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.79] Hard crash around the time of saving (Before and after), Corrupted autosave file

Post by pepstick »

Not doing anything unusual, game seems to be crashing when both playing and idling. Never manage to get more than about 10-20 minutes or so out of it before it does it.

Recently updated my PC, new SSD for my C drive and clean install of windows (Brand new as of a week ago).

Before redoing my C drive, the game was stable (Only ever crashed a couple times over our 400+ hrs on this world)

The crashes seem to happen randomly, but are normally around the time of an autosave. It has happened immediately before I expected one, part of the way through, a couple of times when the autosave bar was all the way done but still on my screen, and a couple times immediately after the autosave screen closes.

It does not seem to happen as a result of any specific user input, at least not that I can tell.

Save files too large to upload here I'm sure. Log file is also in the dropbox link.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jbkcnczy1uh8 ... MYGYa?dl=0

Edit 1:
Adding a few things *This is a vanilla game. Have hosted this world as a server with my brothers a few times.

Edit 2:
Realized I'm not on the newest experimental version. Not sure how to get help then? Do I just have to wait and hope it ends up fixed in one of the experimentals?
Thanks in advance for all the hard work.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(10.17 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Hard crash around the time of saving (Before and after), Corrupted autosave file

Post by Adamo »

pepstick wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:10 pm
Edit 2:
Realized I'm not on the newest experimental version. Not sure how to get help then? Do I just have to wait and hope it ends up fixed in one of the experimentals?
Thanks in advance for all the hard work.
Regarding this question, you can just download the experimental version and try it. It might work right now. Current version is 0.18.35.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Hard crash around the time of saving (Before and after), Corrupted autosave file

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however looking at the log file shows that it crashed at a completely random and unrelated location. That makes me think hardware issue on your end. "a couple times over our 400+ hrs" is not normal: it should be 0 times ever.

I recommend running this and seeing if it spots anything: https://www.memtest.org/
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”