[0.18.24] last-played-version stuck

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.18.24] last-played-version stuck

Post by evandy »

Every time I launch factorio I get the changelog since 0.18.22 shown. This seems to be due to the fact that "last-played-version" is not updating, as it thinks that value is 0.18.22. I tried deleting & reinstalling factorio - no change. I tried removing all mods (playing seablock right now) - also no change.

Edit: Removing my whole factorio user directory (~/Library/Application Support/factorio) also makes no difference

Not sure where/how factorio stores this value; I'd be happy to update it by hand if I knew where to do that? I am playing the Steam version on OS X if that matters.

Bootup log
factorio-current.log
(33.7 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Edit 2: Appears related to steam cloud sync - I had it disabled. After re-enabling the issue cleared after launching & closing factorio twice. Seems like this should work correctly even when cloud sync is disabled though?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.24] last-played-version stuck

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Cloud sync issues aren't something we have control over: we just tell steam "you should sync these files" and it does its thing. For most players this works correctly and everything is fine. For some - you - it bugs out and steam keeps overwriting the file or ignoring local changes.

I don't know of anything we can do on our end. Moving to 0/1 magic.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”