[0.17.66] Crash into system freeze

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.17.66] Crash into system freeze

Post by eradicator »

Played just normally
-> autosave
-> Crash!
-> Do you want to send the report open the log folder?
-> Looked at log to invensitage (everything still normal)
-> thought it might be mod related so for now i press "No" on "send report open folder" window
-> System completely froze, had to hold powerbutton 10 seconds to turn it off. (even my music player in the background stopped playing music, so it wasn't just a gui freeze.)

Not sure what i "did". Maybe i tried to build a belt over another belt (to turn it around) at that moment? (The mod error in the middle of the log is unrelated as i fixed it and reloaded afterwards.)
Attachments
factorio-current-system-freeze_2019-08-30.log
(21.24 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Last edited by eradicator on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Staplergun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] Total system freeze (after autosave?)

Post by Staplergun »

SIGSEGV segmentation fault. Bad pointer or out of bounds array. It looks like it was doing something with blueprints when it hit that error.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Post the dump please.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

I only see one, and the timestamp matches, so it should be the right one...
Attachments
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(524.87 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] Crash into system freeze

Post by eradicator »

Well, looking at the thread movement... i'll come back when it starts happening regularly.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I know we've been over this, but I forgot ... why are you playing on Intel iGPU instead of dedicated NVidia GPU?

Graphics driver crashed the game, my bet is it's also responsible for freezing the computer.

EDIT: Also, what "Do not send" button? That sounds like some other application crashed at the same time.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Eh. Still overheating :p. If i wasn't sick i'd have time to fix it soonish, if it's caused by what i think is causing it.

For future references, how do i tell? graphicsinterfacedx11.cpp?

Might be some windows crash dialogue, but looks different than the usual one. If i could remember a way to make it crash on purpose i could take a picture. It's definetly linked to the factorio process because it blocks the shutdown of factorio (when it usually happens).
So it's not "Send?" it's the default "Would you like to open the folder containing the log file?" dialogue.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

eradicator wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:19 pm
For future references, how do i tell? graphicsinterfacedx11.cpp?
Crashes inside GraphicsInterfaceDX11/OGL are suspicious, and most commonly caused by some gaming overlay.
If you'll go up, you'll see GraphicsInterfaceDX11 was calling a DirectX functions (in dxgi and d3d11 modules), and DirectX was calling Intel driver (igd10umd64) and that seems to have crashed while attempting to allocate memory. From line containing (ntdll) KiUserExceptionDispatcher up it's already crash handler.

System wide freeze is also pretty big tell something is not quite right with a computer.
eradicator wrote:
So it's not "Send?" it's the default "Would you like to open the folder containing the log file?" dialogue.
Yeah, it's not "Send" ... it's just "open the folder" or "don't"; I usually call it "Unexpected error" dialog.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Thanks for the explanation, i can almost read the log now :).
posila wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 pm
System wide freeze is also pretty big tell something is not quite right with a computer.
Lots of things wrong with it. But os crashes/freezes are rare enough that i don't remember anything except factorio ever causing one. Strange also that if it was the gfx driver then windows should've killed and rebooted it.
posila wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 pm
eradicator wrote:
Yeah, it's not "Send" ... it's just "open the folder" or "don't"; I usually call it "Unexpected error" dialog.
Yea, to me it's "the dialogue that comes after a crash". As i post reports directly and don't use explorer to browse files i didn't read/remember what it actually said, sorry ;(.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”