[0.16.51] Sound Stops Working When Audio Focus Changes

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
electricOzone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.51] Sound Stops Working When Audio Focus Changes

Post by electricOzone »

1. Run Factorio, start up a map or join a server
2. Hear sound
3. Open another program that uses sound, like Google Chrome, or Discord.
4. Sound in Factorio suddenly cuts out.

In the provided logs, I had followed these steps and lost sound when opening Discord.

Manjaro Linux 18.0.2
4.14.91-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Dec 29 15:40:39 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.03 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
020 Tiny Base.zip
(3.86 MiB) Downloaded 95 times

electricOzone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Sound Stops Working When Audio Focus Changes

Post by electricOzone »

This issue continues to occur. I was watching Nilaus on YouTube today and audio cut out in Factorio. Are there any updates?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

It's been a while since I played any games on linux (and never Factorio), and I'm not familiar with Manjaro, but at least some linux sound servers used to only support a single source (ie program) at a time. If that is the cause of your issue, then you will probably need to fix it on your end. eg see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=126710 for ideas on where to start looking.

Also there are major under the hood changes coming in 0.17 in a few weeks. If I recall correctly that includes moving windowing sound and input over to SDL, so I don't expect the developers to make any changes to 0.16 at this time. (It is possible that the switch to SDL might fix it, even if the problem is on your end, just because SDL might change what order (and with what options) it attempts to connect to the available sound engines).

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however what ever issue you're having is almost certainly related to the version and configuration of Linux you're using and outside of our control.

Regarding 0.17: it uses the same sound engine as 0.16 and all previous versions.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

electricOzone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by electricOzone »

Thanks for the info, I'll let you know if I'm able to figure anything out on my side in the meantime.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”