non-repro modded crash when walking left into pipe-heavy nuclear area

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
SpiffyTriffid
Inserter
Inserter

non-repro modded crash when walking left into pipe-heavy nuclear area

Post by SpiffyTriffid »

Lowest priority; I really don't care if the root cause ever gets fixed because I can't make it happen again. I just wanted to report it in case this was the breakthrough that lets you fix some .17 release-stopping bug. When zoomed out, I was walking left into a pipe-heavy compact 24-reactor complex and the reactors were about to come into view. Can't recall if I had anything in my hands. I had the timescale set to run at 4x regular speed and am using a plethora of mods. The piping was mostly bobsmods plastic piping. I copied the most recent save and have made a backup of it in case it will help in debugging the issue, but it's pretty big so I'll avoid uploading it unless someone needs it. Running at stock CPU speeds (AMD turbo notwithstanding) with no ram overclocking. Computer doesn't seem unstable, and passed a memcheck two months ago when installing a new stick. Map has been migrated from IIRC .11, so it's pretty old if that could have anything to do with the issue. Happy to help with running debugging builds or w/e. <3 u.
Attachments
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
factorio-previous.log
(30.8 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
mod-list.json
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: non-repro modded crash when walking left into pipe-heavy nuclear area

Post by posila »

Hello, thanks for the report.
It looks like crash that was common on PCs with AMD Ryzen. You might need to update chipset drivers and/or BIOS: 59771

SpiffyTriffid
Inserter
Inserter

Re: non-repro modded crash when walking left into pipe-heavy nuclear area

Post by SpiffyTriffid »

Alright, thanks. Haven't had any issues since then but I will look into this.

EDIT: already rocking 10.18, so no joy on a firmware update. Must have been something else. Hasn't happened since though so I'm not super concerned. I play bethesda games so this is nothing :)

Return to “1 / 0 magic”