[0.16.51] Crash at startup

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
chaz6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.51] Crash at startup

Post by chaz6 »

I just updated Factorio to 0.16.51 and now it crashes at startup. These are the things I have tried:-
  • Reinstalling Factorio
  • Removing %AppData%\Factorio
  • Ensuring all computer/bios/driver updates are applied
It did not generate a log file so I created a memory dump created with Process Explorer. The host operating system is Windows 10 (64bit) on a Lenovo Thinkpad X220. Thanks for any help you can give.

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Error
Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.
OK   
Last edited by chaz6 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

chaz6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Crash at startup

Post by chaz6 »

Uh oh, the attachment failed to upload ("Failed to parse server response"). Is there another way I can send the memory dump?

Edit: I uploaded a copy here https://www.chaz6.com/files/factorio_memory_dmp.zip

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hello, thanks for the memory dump. It looks like it is crashing in Steam API initialization due to Steam client being too out of date. What does it say in menu Help->About Steam in your Steam client? Any build from 2018 should be compatible.

chaz6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chaz6 »

Code: Select all

Steam API: v018

Steam package verisions: 1539393410
I re-flashed the BIOS, and now it is working again, but possibly the steam client also got updated too (I did not see any message when I started Steam about it though)

Thank you! (especially for replying on a Saturday) This can be considered resolved.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”