[0.16.47] Map download fails from headless linux server

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
firecai2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.47] Map download fails from headless linux server

Post by firecai2 »

Hi, recently some friends and I tried to set up a vanilla latest factorio server using a headless linux server. sadly though, I can't seem to download the map. Whenever i try to connect to his ip address and fill in the password, the map download starts and gets up to roughly 6kB/s, but then slowly falls down to 0B.
gif

Previously I was able to download the map at an average of 6-9 MB/s.

I can reach his ip normally:
My other friend is able to connect just fine as well.

Client Log: https://gist.github.com/jasperfirecai2/ ... fa332ac8a9
Last edited by firecai2 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.47] Map download fails from headless linux server

Post by kovarex »

It can be many things, since you are getting a lot of invalid packets, something might be modifying them. It can be software thing, network thing, hardware thing. I don't really know, but I highly doubt it is Factorio fault.

firecai2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.47] Map download fails from headless linux server

Post by firecai2 »

Yeah, we've done some very thourough testing and found that it could only be hardware. I find it strange that factorio handles packet loss in this way though, especially since i did manage to connect once after a long wait, after which I had a stable connection. Nonetheless, that boils down to an opinion, and I can confirm that this is not a factorio issue.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”