[0.14.23-0] - Corrupted SAVE: Result too large :shock:

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
lolm2003
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.14.23-0] - Corrupted SAVE: Result too large :shock:

Post by lolm2003 »

Dear staff,

I love to play your game and I really want to play it more with my old save game from today.

Please find attached all necessary files for you to try to restore it or at least find the bug :).

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ajg_hD9qh8MUi3j2UmyeFfdUSOwH

In this OneDrive ShareFolder you can find the:
autosave files
log files - current and prev.
screenshot of the loading.

What happend before the Error!!!

The last time I played it Factorio crashed out - it just froze - I waited an hour for it to return to normal but it did not happen.
I closed it via the Task-Manager and even then it told me that it is still running.
I then restarted the Computer and when I tried to load the file the error occured.

Cheers
lolm

Thanks a lot for your help really appreciated :)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.23-0] - Corrupted SAVE: Result too large :shock:

Post by posila »

Unfortunatelly all the files are just zeroes, there is no map information left in them. I have no idea how this could have happen.
Can you run scandisk on drive that contains your saves to see if there are some HDD errors?

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

All zeroes happens when bytes are not flushed to HDD properly at OS level, one way to get this - instantly power off your computer during high HDD load. Process that remains active in task manager even after kill request is also sign of some hiccups at OS side. So this could be HDD problems or some bad driver that makes everything stuck.

lolm2003
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lolm2003 »

OK - I guess the safe file is lost then ;:) Thanks anyway

Return to “1 / 0 magic”