Sluggish map for Rseding91

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Rhamphoryncus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Sluggish map for Rseding91

Post by Rhamphoryncus »

As the map progressed performance got increasingly slow. It would seem fine one moment (high FPS and movement worked fine), then suddenly it would drop to 5 FPS and the buffers would start climbing. When asked somebody would would say they just put down some solar (5 or 10 templates at once), or maybe somebody would say they just started attacking biters. It would clear up after a minute, but eventually it stuck around I had to drop the game speed. Then it repeated and I dropped game speed more, then more. For a while it was at speed 0.5 but it's currently back up to 0.65.

I suspect it's a collection of small issues rather than one large issue. My computer is old and slow so I hit performance issues sooner. My own bases run well enough (after tweaking settings, such as disabling smoke). This base might be a bit larger than mine tend to be but it's by no means huge. There have been ~15 people on the server most of the time. The base structure is messy, there's lots of paving and pollution, etc.
Attachments
MPMMuirhead.zip
(16.79 MiB) Downloaded 57 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Sluggish map for Rseding91

Post by Rseding91 »

It runs flawlessly for me. In fact I could run over twice as much that is happening on that save before it slows down.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”