[0.13.1]Cannot connect or find game, worked on 0.13.0

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Sauerkraut
Inserter
Inserter

[0.13.1]Cannot connect or find game, worked on 0.13.0

Post by Sauerkraut »

Hello Factorio Staff and Mods,

Me and a friend started a new multiplayer world yesterday on 0.13.0. Due to the amount of new additions (which are awesome) and the integration of achievements we played vanilla, so no are mods involved. Everything worked fine and we put a good 6 hours into it.

When we saw the 0.13.1 announcement on steam we both updated and wanted to dive back in, but we were no longer able to see one another's server in the Public Server Browsing Menu, not when searching by name, filtering by Steam Friends or even manually looking through the list. We definitely set the visibility to public though. When we were trying to join via steam we got an error with something along the lines "Could not establish network communication" (not entirely sure). We both still see a lot of other public servers and are able to join some random ones. We made a downgrade back to 0.13.0 and continued our map there, until he had to go.

I tried some googlefu but without a result, however, on the 0.13.1 update post on reddit, I found someone posting the same issues. As no bug report exists yet, I decided to write this one.

Quote from reddit:
Badluxbro 3 points 4 hours ago

All of a sudden my friend and I can't join each others multiplayer servers, or even find them for that matter. When we invite through steam it fails.

Any ideas? :S super annoying
Sadly, I can't do any further testing, as my friend is away, but I will give it a try, once he finds some time.

Some Notes(maybe totally unrelated, dunno): Someone mentioned Port Forwarding needs to be disabled, but at least for my router it is turned off.

Sauerkraut
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.13.1]Cannot connect or find game, worked on 0.13.0

Post by Sauerkraut »

Okay, he was back and we wanted to test it again so I could post some logfiles. After we Updated back again it just magically worked. I have no clue why but I assure you there was a problem....

Dangit, now I look like an idiot...

Return to “1 / 0 magic”