[0.7.2] graphics of electric furnaces blinking

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.7.2] graphics of electric furnaces blinking

Post by Arakasi »

I am not sure whether this issue happen in previous version(s).

When I have certain zoom level and watch electric furnaces working, the graphics of them (all visible in the screen) is crappy and blinks by moving 1px right and left.

This issue might be related to my GPU only but just to be sure. Can anybody test it?

my savegame:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7r64qhjt5wdoiqm/blink-bug.zip

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.7.2] graphics of electric furnaces blinking

Post by kovarex »

Hello,
don't you have the low graphics option on?

I tried to reproduce on both settings without success, what were the zoom levels? Were you standing still or moving? What is the GPU?

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

kovarex wrote:Hello,
don't you have the low graphics option on?

I tried to reproduce on both settings without success, what were the zoom levels? Were you standing still or moving? What is the GPU?
disabled low graphics, no multisampling, disabled smoke, window mode
my computer has integrated apu graphics APU 7640G and dedicated 7650M or 7670M (not sure which one)...

The graphics of electric furnace blinks but not entire object but just part of it. it seems strange to me because it is probably one sprite for entire project.

EDIT: i have restarted windows and start the game again to be able determine which zoom level is the problematic one and the issue disappears. I am no longer able to simulate this issue...

So I presume that this was probably my personal issue...

grobyc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by grobyc »

I was notice this in version 0.6.2. It was happens sometime, when u was load game when u sand opposite to furnace and zoom out by one zoom step.
The blinking with u was describe in my case look like whole animation move by one pixel to right and back to place.
Its hard to reproduce and happens only sometimes.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”