[1.1.72] Invalid TransportLineIndex Exception: 206

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
thedoh
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.72] Invalid TransportLineIndex Exception: 206

Post by thedoh »

So there I was, trying to reproduce viewtopic.php?f=7&t=104099 while recording in OBS. I completed the 100% run (10 minutes red :( ). While reviewing a save created from the replay, I encountered this Invalid TransportLineIndex Exception while reviewing part of the factory in /editor mode with the game paused. The part of the factory I was observing is the South West part of the factory (the big 4 red belt mining setup on the patch next to some furnaces).

Unfortunately, since I wasn't able to reproduce the aforementioned crash (see linked thread) I stopped the recording and so I don't have video of what I was doing at the time. I do have video of me making the savegames, but not of this exception. :( I'm not sure the video will be very relevant, but if it is, let me know and I'll put it on youtube as it's a large file.

I'll attach three files:

1. The Factorio log file
2. The final savegame
3. The savegame generated from the previous savegame

I tried briefly to load the save (eg from the third file) to reproduce this crash, but I wasn't able. Again, I don't know what the circumstances are that might have caused this.
Attachments
file 3 - nov17 - fixed rocket side ghost issue.zip
(25.85 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
file 2 - nov17 - why did outpost train wedge on blue inserters finished.zip
(50.05 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
file 1 - factorio-current sanitized.log
(14.81 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.72] Invalid TransportLineIndex Exception: 206

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Every instance of this kind of crash i've seen had ended up being unstable/bad hardware. Are you overclocking your CPU or RAM? If so, try turning that off.

If you are able to get a save file that reproduces the issue every time then for sure let us know. But random un-reproducible crashes have historically been hardware issues on the players end.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

thedoh
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.72] Invalid TransportLineIndex Exception: 206

Post by thedoh »

I'm not intentionally doing anything strange with my CPU/memory, but I'll keep hwinfo up next time to see if there's something strange going on automatically that's trying to be helpful.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”