[1.1.69] Crash on save: "Trying to save item stack with non zero itemID and zero count"

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
FutureShocked
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.69] Crash on save: "Trying to save item stack with non zero itemID and zero count"

Post by FutureShocked »

I'm running a space ex + krastorio 2 playthrough and have crashed twice on autosave. The first crash was to _autosave3 and the second crash was to _autosave1. They may have been while using the jetpack, but I cannot say for sure. Don't think inventory or other interaction windows were active in either crash.

To reproduce:

- play the game
- get unlucky while autosaving

Actual Behavior:

- game crashes

Expected Behavior:

- game does not crash

Edit: looks like I was not able to upload files. A save and the crash log can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.69] Crash on save: "Trying to save item stack with non zero itemID and zero count"

Post by Rseding91 »

thanks for the report; looking at the crash log, where it says it's crashing, and what is failing; it looks like memory corruption.

There is an ItemStack on a belt that has been set to a non-empty ID but the count is 0. That's an invalid state and there should be no way for it to ever get into that state outside of some super rare bug (unlikely with how many players are using this in each game), or some external corruption (memory corruption, or things like cheat-engine/memory editing the game).

Have you had any other issues with other games or PC issues in general?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

FutureShocked
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.69] Crash on save: "Trying to save item stack with non zero itemID and zero count"

Post by FutureShocked »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:29 pm
Not with any recent regularity, and I hit this crash twice in one day. I'll hit blue screens occasionally but it can't be more frequent than maybe 2 months on average. If I had bad memory I'd expect more issues, but maybe I hit a mythical bit flip or something? I haven't played too much more since my post but haven't the crash again since. I can update the post if I do, otherwise I'm happy to chalk it up to random circumstance.

Could it be possible a recipe has changed or an item removed from a mod in some way that could cause it?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

If you get bluescreens with any regularity then something is wrong with the machine.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

FutureShocked wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:53 pm
Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:29 pm
Not with any recent regularity, and I hit this crash twice in one day. I'll hit blue screens occasionally but it can't be more frequent than maybe 2 months on average. If I had bad memory I'd expect more issues, but maybe I hit a mythical bit flip or something? I haven't played too much more since my post but haven't the crash again since. I can update the post if I do, otherwise I'm happy to chalk it up to random circumstance.
It should be noted that this game is more memory intensive than most other applications, so if there is an issue with your memory, this tame is more likely to find it than most.
FutureShocked wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:53 pm
Could it be possible a recipe has changed or an item removed from a mod in some way that could cause it?
I believe this game has some pretty robust checks regarding that kind if stuff.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “1 / 0 magic”