[1.1.53] Error "Invalid SignalID type: 138" when loading save file

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Kasalla
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.53] Error "Invalid SignalID type: 138" when loading save file

Post by Kasalla »

Version: [1.1.53 (build 59373, win64)]

1. What did you do?
The error occurs when I try to load a save file of my current game.

2. What happened?
The savefile is not loaded, the game crashes at the loading progress bar.
The problem occurs everytime and also with all mods disabled. I play with the py mods and some qol but I suspect from the error log that the error is in the base game.
It occurs for the _autosave files as well as the named file which I saved manually yesterday evening. The error appears in two different flavors:
a) I attempt to load the save and the progress bar stops and the crash window is displayed (pointing me to the log directory)
b) same as a) but I also get a little in game window saying "Invalid SignalID type: 138"
I also found viewtopic.php?f=35&t=99280&p=549514&hil ... pe#p549514 which may be related.
The log file is from the start with all mods disabled.

3. What did you expect to happen instead?
The save game should be loaded and I should be able to play

Thank you for your help!
Attachments
_autosave2.zip
(37.44 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
factorio-previous.log
(10.61 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.53] Error "Invalid SignalID type: 138" when loading save file

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Based off what you describe and how the save file(s) are broken this leads me to believe that some hardware instability issue on your computer corrupted them. The most common cause of this is bad RAM or unstable RAM/CPU due to overclocking. Can you try running this https://www.memtest.org/ and see if it spots anything?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Kasalla
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kasalla »

Hi,
your hint was correct:
First I used the win 10 memory analysis without any errors detected.
Then I used https://hcidesign.com/memtest/ (I did not have a bootable USB device and wanted to try this one first). It found an error after a while.
I am currently investigating how to tell windows not to use that specific memory segment to avoid investing in new ram.
Since this is obviously a problem with my computer and not with factorio I can just thank you for your help and continue on my own.

One last question:
is there a way to make my save file work again? Maybe remove the fault parts of the base?
I would really prefer not to start over after 600+ hours on that base :-)

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I tried to load this save file but the deserialisation is has to be failing somewhere before loading SignalID as there is way more errors than this. I was unable to fix this save file. It appears there is something wrong with Inserter's energy source at {745.5, 775.5} but i was unable to understand what.

Kasalla
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kasalla »

Too bad, thanks for trying.
Oh well Py AE should release soon, so that may be a good opportunity for a new base anyway

Return to “1 / 0 magic”