[posila] [0.16.36] Access Violation when exiting the game

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
karaziox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[posila] [0.16.36] Access Violation when exiting the game

Post by karaziox »

Hi, just wanted to report a very minor crash when exiting the game. I had been playing for a few hours, saved my game, exited the game. Then clicked Exit in the start menu and at this point I saw procdump take a memory dump of the game (I have it configured as the post mortem debugger).

From the dump, it looks like a driver callback into an unloaded dll (d3d9). Not sure if you really care about that, since the game is pretty much closed at that point but I though I'd report it just in case. I've attached the log and dump file. I have no mods. This is the first time it happened and I've played maybe 10-20 similar sessions on that version so far.

Just to be clear: There was no loss of data or adverse effects from the crash. It just happened when the game was closing.

Thanks!
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(10.42 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
factorio.exe_180505_183140.dmp.zip
(6.12 MiB) Downloaded 78 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] [0.16.36] Access Violation when exiting the game

Post by posila »

Hmm, thanks for the report.
The problem might be that Allegro loads the doesn't dynamically link to the DLL and instead uses LoadLibrary/FreeLibrary so it is unloaded sooner than nvidia driver expects ... or there some but in our code or Allegro which causes the driver to do a call to unloaded library. Either way, I hope it will go away with switch to DX 11 :)

Return to “1 / 0 magic”