[15.34] Crash during mapload

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
bradicai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[15.34] Crash during mapload

Post by bradicai »

Describe the problem as best as you can
What did you do?
What happened?
What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!

Opened included world in single player, gets about half way done loading, and then crashes. Last time saving didn't close improperly or anything like that.

Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
Be precise! When I click with the mouse on Quit in the main menu... Not: When I close the game.

I checked my autosaves, the autosave only a couple of minutes behind this save(auto2) crashes at about 90%, but the previous 2(auto1, auto3) don't crash.
Only mod on the "used" list was the creative mod(included all) but thats just cause it was still enabled when I created the world, it wasn't enabled while loading, or on last save.
I have attempted to update the creative mod(no update available) and have opted into the .x which is .37 at time of post, with the same result. Ive tried re-enabling the creative mode.
Perhaps the save is simply corrupted and I've lost 1hr or so of stuff, quite a large world so I do apologize and thank you for the time it will take to look into my issue. I have uploaded 2 zips. the smaller of the two i have cropped out the autosaves and the extraneous mods, but in case that isn't enough the larger does contain them.

Provide Attachments
Smaller file 38MB http://www.mediafire.com/file/qu91h3q65 ... t_11-3.zip
Larger filer 170MB http://www.mediafire.com/file/c5mhpue1r ... t_11-3.zip

P.S. Keep up the good work, you guys always stay focused on keeping the spirit of the game, and nothing released ever has a hint of half-ass-ness

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [15.34] Crash during mapload

Post by Jap2.0 »

Can you post the save that crashes?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

bradicai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bradicai »

File Contents

Config Folder
Config.ini
DefaultConfig.ini

Mods
modlist.json
modsettign.json
Creative mod 13.2
Larger file contains all mods installed even unused for this world

Saves
15 1v2.zip <<- the main save
Larger file contains autosave2 which also crashes, and auto1 and auto3 which don't

And all the other small files in the folder that pops up when you click Open Folder Containing log
achivements.dat
achimentsmodded.dat
blueprint-storage.dat
crop-cache.dat
factorio-current.log
factorio-previous.log
player-data json
serverid.json

bradicai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bradicai »

I guess a more direct response would be, "It is the only world in the saves folder of the smaller upload".

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Sorry for missing that, I thought it was only the log and crash report (from the names).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hi, thanks for the report.
I don't know what is causing corruption of ZIP files, I might add valiadtion of saved file, so we can rule out (or confirm) Factorio saving it corrupted to disk in the first place.
The broken autosave has one fish saved with an ID of a tree so that's why it was not loadable. Do you need the autosave fixed or did you continue playing from previous one?

bradicai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bradicai »

Thanks for the quick reply, I been working too much lately, but at least it has given me an excuse not to try to play that world. I haven't resumed playing from either, but the 2's play time are close to each other. If you can fix the main that would be awesome, but if you can only fix the auto2 that would be fine(I think its a difference of 5 or so minutes). Honestly I wasn't so sure Fixing the saves was gonna happen, I was thinking more like, less saves in the future would go bad and that was even if the save was bad and not my config or something.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Here you go.
Attachments
53777_autosave2_fixed.zip
(32.39 MiB) Downloaded 87 times

bradicai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter