[1.1.0] Mod related changelog

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[1.1.0] Mod related changelog

Post by Rseding91 »

This is the mod-related changelog for 1.1 (as of November 23 2020)

I'm posting this here so mod devs get more visibility into the new things/changes before 1.1 is out - and probably a little after as well. Since not everyone reads the official changelog.

Modding:
  • New item flag "spawnable", every item has to have that flag to be creatable through the shortcuts directly. (87777)
  • Renamed create-blueprint-item shortcut action to spawn-item and item_to_create to item_to_spawn.
  • Increased the total number of collision masks from 14 to 55. See the lua-api collision mask concepts page for which layers the game doesn't actively use.
  • Changed collision mask 'layer-11' to 'rail-layer'.
  • Changed collision mask 'layer-12' to 'transport-belt-layer'.
  • Changed loader to only connect to the front belt, not from side. This is to fix internal problems related to modded loaders with custom sizes and side loading of it.
  • Implemented NoiseExpressions::fromPropertyTree for the "offset-points" noise expression function.
  • Removed rocket silo rocket prototype property "result_items" because it did nothing.
  • Added draw_as_light and draw_as_glow property to sprite definitions. draw_as_shadow, draw_as_light and draw_as_glow are mutually exclusive and draw_as_shadow takes precedence.
  • Unified laser and beam related ammo categories to just "laser" and "beam".
  • Renamed technology "laser-turret-speed"->"laser-shooting-speed", it now affects both robots and laser turrets.
  • Renamed technology "turrets"->"gun-turret", "laser-turrets"->"laser-turret", "combat-robotics"->"defender", "combat-robotics-2"->"distractor", "combat-robotics-3"->"destroyer", "tanks"->"tank", "stone-walls"->"stone-wall", "gates"->"gate"
  • Internal spidertron specification in a way to make torso and leg scaling much easier.
  • Renamed "source_effects" property of line trigger item to "range_effects", due to ambiguity with source_effects on action delivery. (90591)
  • Added the "linked-container" entity type.
  • Removed 'small-plane', 'computer', 'railgun-dart' and 'railgun' items.
  • Removed 'bait-chest', 'crash-site-assembling-machine-1-broken', 'crash-site-assembling-machine-1-repaired', 'crash-site-assembling-machine-2-broken', 'crash-site-assembling-machine-2-repaired', 'crash-site-electric-pole', 'crash-site-generator', 'crash-site-lab-broken' and 'crash-site-lab-repaired' entities.
  • Removed the "auto-character-logistic-trash-slots" modifier and forceDataValues. The auto trash are now always enabled when any trash slots present.
  • Added direction to SimpleEntityWithOwner and SimpleEntityWithForce.
  • Constrained collision_box and collision_mask of transport belt connectable prototypes so it is not possible to build the entities in overlapping positions. (82294)
  • Added optional draw_fluid_icon_override boolean to pipe to ground prototypes. Causes fluid icon to be drawn, ignoring the usual pair requirement.
  • Removed fluid turret prototype property 'indicator_light'.
  • Added fluid turret prototype properties 'enough_fuel_indicator_light' and 'not_enough_fuel_indicator_light'.
  • Added locomotive and car prototype properties 'front_light_pictures' and 'darkness_to_render_light_animation'.
  • Renamed logistic-container prototype property 'logistic_slots_count' to 'max_logistic_slots'.
  • The data stage files are no longer divided into demo and non-demo. This means the files with the demo- prefix were either merged into files without the prefix and/or the prefix was removed from the file name.
Scripting:
  • Renamed the clean_cursor method to clear_cursor.
  • Renamed on_put_item to on_pre_build, as it is much more precise name for that event. It fires when anything is used for building: item, blueprint, blueprint record or ghost cursor.
  • Changed 'control_behavior.parameters.parameters' to just 'control_behavior.parameters' for LuaDeciderCombinatorControlBehavior, LuaConstantCombinatorControlBehavior, and LuaArithmeticCombinatorControlBehavior.
  • Changed LuaItemStack::active_index to return `nil` if the blueprint book inventory has zero slots. (88427)
  • Changed LuaItemStack::count to return 0 instead of failing when the stack is empty.
  • Changed LuaControl for players in cutscenes so the character is still usable.
  • Changed on_player_cancelled_crafting 'cancel_count' to report the exact number of crafts cancelled.
  • Decoupled deactivation by script and deactivation by circuit network.
  • mod-gui.lua no longer defines 'mod_gui' as a global variable, it is now only available when required: local mod_gui = require("mod-gui")
  • Made LuaEntity::speed read work with spider-vehicle.
  • Made LuaEntityPrototype::guns read work for spider-vehicle.
  • Removed LuaEntityPrototype::production read.
  • Removed LuaBootstrap::is_game_in_debug_mode read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::max_energy_production read.
  • Added LuaEntity::trains_limit read/write.
  • Added LuaEntity::trains_count read.
  • Added LuaTrainStopControlBehavior::trains_count_signal, trains_limit_signal, set_trains_limit and read_trains_count read/write.
  • Added LuaEntity::tree_gray_stage_index, read/write.
  • Added LuaEntity::tree_gray_stage_index_max read.
  • Added LuaEntity::can_wires_reach().
  • Added LuaEntity::crafting_queue_progress read.
  • Added on_spider_command_completed event.
  • Added LuaEntity::get_connected_rolling_stock().
  • Added 'create_at_cursor' to LuaPlayer::create_local_flying_text().
  • Added LuaGameScript::map_gen_presets read.
  • Added LuaStyle::extra_margin_when_activated and extra_padding_when_activated write, which also accept arrays of values.
  • Added LuaStyle::size write.
  • Added LuaGuiElement::name write support.
  • Added LuaGuiElement::tags read/write.
  • Added LuaTile::to_be_deconstructed().
  • Added LuaGuiElement::bring_to_front().
  • Added 'has-rocket-launch-products' filter to ItemPrototypeFilters.
  • Added support to save/load LuaProfilers. They simply reset the time when saved/loaded.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::guns for artillery turrets and wagons.
  • Added LuaEntity::combat_robot_owner read/write.
  • Added LuaPlayer::clear_recipe_notifications and LuaPlayer::add_recipe_notification
  • Added LuaGuiElement::add "index" property, allowing insertion to anywhere in the parent element.
  • Added LuaGuiElement::get_index_in_parent().
  • Added support to connect/disconnect power switches through LuaEntity::connect_neighbour/disconnect_neighbour.
  • Added LuaForce::get_linked_inventory().
  • Added LuaEntity::link_id read/write.
  • Added LuaGui 'relative' (player.gui.relative). For showing a CustomGuiElement relative to some base game C++ GUI.
  • Added LuaGuiElement::anchor read/write.
  • Added 'alt_mode' to on_player_toggled_alt_mode event.
  • Added 'cursor_position' to the custom input events.
  • Added 'queued_count' to on_pre_player_crafted_item.
  • Added LuaPlayer::cutscene_character read.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Mod related changelog

Post by gheift »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:51 pm
Modding:
  • Added direction to SimpleEntityWithOwner and SimpleEntityWithForce.
Is there some documentation, how I can define the sprites based on the selected direction? The documentation in the wiki is not yet updated. I tried sprites like within the ConstantCombinator, but this did not work.

Thanks
Gerhard

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Code: Select all

local entity = table.deepcopy(data.raw["simple-entity-with-owner"]["simple-entity-with-owner"])
entity.name = "fake-combinator"
entity.picture = table.deepcopy(data.raw["constant-combinator"]["constant-combinator"].sprites)
data:extend{entity}

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gheift »

Thanks!

robot256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by robot256 »

Is there an example of how to use `player.gui.relative`? Maybe some more explanation of what each of the `defines.relative_gui_types` is used for? I'm trying to add a button to the Artillery Wagon entity gui, and so far I can't get anything to appear unless I use one of the other roots like gui.center or gui.left.

I just started looking at GUIs, and didn't realize this feature was only added two weeks ago!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

robot256 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:52 pm
Is there an example of how to use `player.gui.relative`? Maybe some more explanation of what each of the `defines.relative_gui_types` is used for? I'm trying to add a button to the Artillery Wagon entity gui, and so far I can't get anything to appear unless I use one of the other roots like gui.center or gui.left.

I just started looking at GUIs, and didn't realize this feature was only added two weeks ago!
You'd probably have better luck in the mod-making channel in discord. But, the artillery wagon uses the "container" GUI type so you'd want to use that with a filter on the prototype type or prototype name.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Modding discussion”