Reserch from 1-∞

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
S_gamez
Inserter
Inserter

Reserch from 1-∞

Post by S_gamez »

Hey there kind reader, I play a lot of modded & In my current testing game i did something funny with research.
The part/thing am unsure about/asking, is it normal that all research except mining productivity are suppose to doable them self on every step (level) ?
As for what i see on Mining Productivity it only increases by 2-3k so i can peacefully leveling that to 72 & still don't need a million :D. With that sed, on to the next part.

What would be correct/reasonable in my mind, is to increase it with 1k-20k packs, every level depending on how advanced the tech u are researching.
As u will only research until a given point. me giving an Example: (Reaching a need of 1-10 million science pack on an infinite tech with the few players going beyond one rocket lunch. Even i would have stop here or before. as just one 1 mill require 1k lunches of a rocket)

So if u are a modder i would be happy to ask if u can keep my idea of 1k-20k increase instead of it doable-ling every level.
Since what's the point of it being a infinite tech if u are only research 5-10 level and give up as it's to expensive?

As i play modded i would't believe this are a vanilla thing at all.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Reserch from 1-∞

Post by SoShootMe »

There are several infinite researches in vanilla. The increase in research requirements and the benefit for successive levels varies, detailed on https://wiki.factorio.com/Technologies# ... chnologies.

Infinite researches don't become too expensive, your factory becomes too small :).

S_gamez
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Reserch from 1-∞

Post by S_gamez »

SoShootMe wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:15 am
There are several infinite researches in vanilla. The increase in research requirements and the benefit for successive levels varies, detailed on https://wiki.factorio.com/Technologies# ... chnologies.

Infinite researches don't become too expensive, your factory becomes too small :).
Thanks for the feed back :) Still dislike it tho :(

Return to “Modding discussion”