weird problem

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
kingdark
Inserter
Inserter

weird problem

Post by kingdark »

Hi all,
I have a weird problem. I haven't been playing factorio in awhile and when I started up an old map (even if it's several patches back) I had the problem that when I mined manually, I got 80 with a single tick and over a thousand of a different resource. I thought that it was probably because it was an older save, so I restarted my custom made scenario, only to have the same problem. I then decided to start a new game and the problem did not go away. I checked the mods that were out of date, updated those, restarted the game and then rechecked all of the above.

loaded my old save, restarted my custom made scenario and started a new game. No difference so far. Then, I decided that I could only because of a mod, because with a new game started, it should only be a single mining resource per tick right? Oh, and my automatic miner (electric version) spewed out a literal unending amount of resources.

Anyway, I checked, double checked and even tripple checked the mod options but I can't figure out what the problem is. Is there a way where I can generate a list of my enabled mods so you could take a look and then make a guess what the problem could be?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Kingdark

pleegwat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: weird problem

Post by pleegwat »

Is this on infinite ore with >100% yield?

kingdark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kingdark »

I think so, I have to double check, but I know I installed an infinite yield mod. Still, that shouldn't change how much I get with a single tick if mining manually right?

kingdark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kingdark »

Update:
I checked immediately and I've got endless resources with full yield installed. I'm going to check if I can find something to change in the mod setting menu. Because I had this installed with no trouble before. It isn't a new mod. I think.

Edit the second:
I've just disabled the mod, if that 'fixed' the issue then that's that. It's been six months since it was last updated. I'm sure there are alternatives that do the same thing...?
Last edited by kingdark on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pleegwat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by pleegwat »

The way the game handles >100% yield changed a few weeks ago. You can now actually get multiple times standard yield in that case.

kingdark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kingdark »

pleegwat wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:48 pm
The way the game handles >100% yield changed a few weeks ago. You can now actually get multiple times standard yield in that case.
That makes sense, I think. So, I'll get 80 at one bit of the resource field but way, WAAY more at another? Like a thousand plus more?

edit:
Disabling the mod, fixed it so that I'm getting 1 ore per tick again. Thanks for the help! What mod do you recommend for the same idea? that a resource field never runs out but the percentage thing still decreases up to a certain point? If you get what I mean...?

edit number two: I reenabled the mod, now that I know what mod the problem is, I wanted to know if I overlooked it in the settings, however, I checked very carefully and I cannot seem to find any kind of setting in the mod menu. Do I need to edit the settings in the mod itself?

Return to “Modding discussion”