question, do I have to categorize?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Vort3x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

question, do I have to categorize?

Post by Vort3x »

Hi, first, I hope I'm right here and don't write in the wrong forum area.

I want to insert 5 Turrets, now just as an example for here. Do I have to categorize the files by entity, tech, recipe, item in prototypes? Or does it work even if I only create one file for each turret that contains entity, tech, recipe, item in one?

The latter seems more structured to me personally and I have already tested it with a small mod. It works, but I haven't found any code that was structured over that way, that seemed a bit curious to me, so this short question. Thanks.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: question, do I have to categorize?

Post by DaveMcW »

No, the only structure enforced is that everything must be included from data.lua. If I am only adding one entity, I just put everything in data.lua and don't include any other files.

But if you want other people to able to understand your mod, it is recommended to copy the structure of the base mod. That is the standard everyone is used to.

Vort3x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: question, do I have to categorize?

Post by Vort3x »

Ok thank you very much, wonderful :-)

Yes for the beginning I will look first how I get along best. After that I think I can adjust it, once I know more how it works.

Return to “Modding discussion”