Learning about Mods and Modders

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Shoowolf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Learning about Mods and Modders

Post by Shoowolf »

Hey everyone!

Shay here, been toying with Factorio, and recently got interested in the modding scene specifically.
I am an indie developer working on my own indie game (Fort Triumph) and my dayjob is in Overwolf which is a platform for PC game overlays and apps.

I realized I know very little about modding - what it takes to create a mod, how the creation process looks like, what factors help or hurt the effort of creating a mod, what it would take to make modding easier or more fun for modders, etc.
At this point not sure it will have a practical outcome, but who knows :)

If you are a modder and you're willing to chat about it and share your experience with me, I'd be very thankful.

Reach me at shay.zeldis@overwolf.com , a PM here or on Skype (Shoomanjin),
Thank youuuu!

Therenas
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Learning about Mods and Modders

Post by Therenas »

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to join the factorio discord and chat in the #mod-making channel. Just reading what other people write can be educational as well.

Shoowolf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Shoowolf »

Therenas wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:40 pm
If you have any more specific questions, feel free to join the factorio discord and chat in the #mod-making channel. Just reading what other people write can be educational as well.
Makes sense, will do, thanks!
Honestly, I'm not 100% on what my specific questions are, I just want to chat with some modders and get a better idea of how stuff works and how it could be made better.

Shoowolf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Shoowolf »

Therenas wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:40 pm
Makes sense, will do, thanks!
Honestly, I'm not 100% on what my specific questions are, I just want to chat with some modders and get a better idea of how stuff works and how it could be made better.

Return to “Modding discussion”