Biter Health Increase

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
MewMew
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Biter Health Increase

Post by MewMew »

Does someone know good ways to increase the health of all biters scaling with time in a scenario?

It could even be with resistance or some other workaround.

It has to be done without creating new unit prototypes.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Biter Health Increase

Post by DaveMcW »

All biter stats require new unit prototypes to change.

You could apply a damage nerf to the player force that increases over time.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Alternatively, what other people have done is clone biters, like, small-biter-1 to small-biter-10 etc, and as the Evolution factor increases, phase out the small biter pretty early on in favor of small biter 2 with more health etc.

It's the basic idea of why you have small, medium, large and behemoth biters in the first place, so, just expand upon that.

But yeah, there's no current method to just give them more health as time passes.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:05 am
Alternatively, what other people have done is clone biters, like, small-biter-1 to small-biter-10 etc, and as the Evolution factor increases, phase out the small biter pretty early on in favor of small biter 2 with more health etc.

It's the basic idea of why you have small, medium, large and behemoth biters in the first place, so, just expand upon that.

But yeah, there's no current method to just give them more health as time passes.
Can they get equipment grid and power armor?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

darkfrei wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:23 am
bobingabout wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:05 am

Can they get equipment grid and power armor?
I've not tried, but I'm fairly sure that's limited to Armor and Vehicles (car (the tank is also a car), locomotive, cargo-wagon, fluid-wagon and artillery-wagon)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Modding discussion”