Anyone in for opening Pandora's box?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Anyone in for opening Pandora's box?

Post by Kikkers »

I've just updated the Smart Circuit Systems mod which now introduces the omni actuator.

This entity works like a smart inserter, but it can toggle any entity that has a functional '.active' property.
I figured this specific item has quite a bit of potential (exploits, cheats, actual use) which I would like more people to try, hence me posting here.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Anyone in for opening Pandora's box?

Post by n9103 »

I'm pretty sure Factorio is now Turing-complete, if it wasn't already.

I'm actually kind of hesitant to get into this, as it seems like it could easily overthrow any prior-existing factory structure. :?
Downloaded just the same. Guess it's time to clone my folder.

Is this compatible with multiplayer still?
If so, I might be interested in hosting a few long-term games with this.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

Should work just fine with multiplayer, but I've only tested that on a previous version.

I can imagine some synchronization issues when, for example, freezing trains in mid-travel, which was not possible before. But who knows, it might work without issue.

Edit: I just tried freezing trains. Both mid travel and at stops, and that seems to crash the game. Off to debugging for me.

Kikkers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kikkers »

Trains seem to work in the new version (0.3.1). You're able to stop trains at stations, or anywhere on the track, if you place an omni actuator in range of the locomotive.

Also tested the tank and car. They can both be stopped using this method, and when they switch back on, their momentum is restored to before they were switched off. You can still get out when it's switched off. Not technically intended behavior, but I'm leaving it in as it doesn't crash the game. Could function as a really expensive non-automated biter defense ;)

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Well now, that's an odd effect.
Some specific and extremely high ratio time dilation going on eh? :-P
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Modding discussion”