Team Effort

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Team Effort

Post by cartmen180 »

Hello Factorians!

I am looking for some enthusiastic fellows that want to make mods (or want to learn how to make mods) in a team. Experience from modding other games has tought me that working in a team gives much better results.
I am not just talking about code but also about content. So even if you don't want to code but you have some neat ideas, or are willing to comment on ideas I am sure we can make some amazing mods together.
Also people who can make sprites are greatly appreciated. Lack of new content happens a lot of times because there is noone around to make the sprites/textures/graphics (kinda boring if every new building has the assembler graphics).
Dedicated testers are also very welcome, but only if you can give constructive feedback.

Reply in this topic or send me a pm if you are interested :D
Check out my mods

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Team Effort

Post by n9103 »

Willing tester. Good with feedback. Some experience with code. Little art experience.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

I'm happy to help with code if the project is interesting. What were you thinking of making?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

I am currently reworking my previous mods into something new, exciting but mostly very challenging. Definitely more fun to play it with friends in multiplayer. I will stay close to the realism as long as it doesn't impede gameplay to much. A complete science overhaul will be included with new techs and a completely new way to produce sciencepacks.

When all that is done I have some plans for the endgame, a bit like the anno style of games. Housing for citizens produce citizens very slowly when supplied with the proper goods. Higher tiers produce faster but require more and better goods. These citizens can then be send to school (think conveyor belt filled with babies) to learn something, medicine for example, to get specialized citizens. A doctor for example could work in a pharmacy to produce medication, which would be required in higher tier housing. Also think along the line of scientists, farmers, etc.
Check out my mods

Return to “Modding discussion”