Getting into playing with mods

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Jetflight
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Getting into playing with mods

Post by Jetflight »

Hey,

i was hoping someone can give me a quick start in what modpack ( or modlist) i need to look into it.
I really like a challenge where defending your base is a top priority. Maybe even a hardcore mode.
The second thing i would love is a very complex production line ( but realistic).

Is there a finished modpack i can just install or do i need to download every mod separately?

Best regards,
Jet

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Getting into playing with mods

Post by bobingabout »

Modpacks arn't officially supported, so if you download them, you usually have to unzip them into your mods folder.
Bob's mods offers a method to download an (almost) complete modpack. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3xjgwreg9ib6 ... 1V3Va?dl=0
Locale (translations) is missing, because it's 3rd party.
I'm not 100% how to do it (because when I load the link, it redirects me to my own edit page), but if you select the latest folder, there should be an option to download as a zip.

Bob's mods adds many new resources (Ores from Nickel and Titanium, to Silver and Gold. Some used way more than others, new fluids like Lithia water, Air...), more realistic processess (electronics where you have to produce indevidual components and assemble a PCB, with alternate processing methods, such as Electrolysis), with many new intermediates (A higher tier of electronics, 2 more tiers of battery, plus so many items from electronic components, to chemicals like Hydrogen peroxide, and Nitrogen dioxide), with stronger weapons (and in some areas, just ammo) in the later game, and harder enemies. The pack covers pretty much every area of the game.

There's also the inserter configuration mod, where you can make an inserter pick up from, and drop to any location within a grid. (and even chose which part of a tile it places it, so you can place sideways, or on the near edge of a belt).

Other recomended mods (not going to link them) include RSO (resource something overhaul, I forget the actual name, it's the most popular mod on the mod portal, even though my mods dominate the first page when sorted by popularity, mine take second place to it), and Angels mods too. (some people call it Bob's hardmode)

My recomendation, get RSO and try out Bob's mods, or at least some of them, then once you've played a game or two, add angels in there too.

Other people might have more input too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Getting into playing with mods

Post by quyxkh »

I really like a challenge where defending your base is a top priority. Maybe even a hardcore mode.
Rampant AI might satisfy that all by its onesies.

Return to “Modding discussion”