Add a roboport to a non adjacent logistic network ?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
dermiste
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Add a roboport to a non adjacent logistic network ?

Post by dermiste »

So, a bit of context: I want to extend big power poles so that they act as roboports with:
- 0 bots slots
- no usable logistics radius (I plan to have logistic radius = 1 so that they can connect to a roboport lognet when placed just outside of the roboport logistic radius)
- a <big pole wire reach> construction radius
- 4 charging slots, as usual
They must be part of the same lognet if they are connected by copper line.
This way, I can plop a roboport, use the robots to plop about 30 big poles in one direction, and plop roboports and factory at the end of the power line 900 tiles away.

AFAICT the way to go is to add an invisible roboport-like entity at the same spot that each big pole is. Nanobots, Big brother and Almost Wireless circuits provide sufficient examples on how to do this.

I know I can get a pole copper neighbours, how can I force the corresponding roboports to be part of the same lognet ? They have 1 tile as log radius, but are about 20 tiles apart, so they can't connect with adjacency.

Thank you for the time you will spend trying to answer my wonky question ;)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Add a roboport to a non adjacent logistic network ?

Post by Rseding91 »

dermiste wrote:how can I force the corresponding roboports to be part of the same lognet ?
You can't. The game doesn't support it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Modding discussion”