Question about Angel's and Bob's

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Nat's Hollow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Question about Angel's and Bob's

Post by Nat's Hollow »

Is it possible to get both Angel's ores and Bob's ores (and yuoki's or any other mods for that matter) to spawn on the map at the same time (preferably non-infinite)? I'd like to have an Angel's processing facility, but I also want the complexity of dealing with so many ores in my mining and train network. Thanks.

PS I asked this in the discussion area of the mod portal, but I don't know how much traffic that receives (I'll delete that one if I have to).

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Question about Angel's and Bob's

Post by mooklepticon »

Nat's Hollow wrote:PS I asked this in the discussion area of the mod portal, but I don't know how much traffic that receives (I'll delete that one if I have to).
It's better to ask here. The Mod Portal doesn't do notifications.

I can't speak to your actual question.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Well you get the Bob's and Yuoki Ores from Angels Ore Sorting - in my eyes it's complex enough for a train network.

But for your question
- With this mod, all infinite ores are disabled: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... finiteores
- you must find the part of the autoplace settings in Angel's infinte ore mod and comment out the lines which set them to nil.
- in the file angelsinfiniteores_0.4.4.zip\angelsinfiniteores_0.4.4\prototypes\generation\angels-override.lua comment the lines out with which ores should spawn

Code: Select all

data.raw.resource["bauxite-ore"] = nil
data.raw["autoplace-control"]["bauxite-ore"] = nil
to

Code: Select all

-- data.raw.resource["bauxite-ore"] = nil
-- data.raw["autoplace-control"]["bauxite-ore"] = nil
Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Nat's Hollow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nat's Hollow »

This did it (after i figured out where to zip the files, i'm a dummy), thanks so much. Now the torture can truly begin.

Return to “Modding discussion”