[Solved] Can we print colored message on console?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Solved] Can we print colored message on console?

Post by Mooncat »

As the title asked, can we print colored message on console using player.print(message)?
Or, are there other functions we can use to create message on console?

Answer: no, you can't. But because I don't really need this feature for now, no request has been made. If you want this, feel free to propose in the Modding Interface Requests forum.
Last edited by Mooncat on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can we print colored message on console?

Post by devilwarriors »

nope, but it's already possible on the c++ side as this bug shown -> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29307

I would try making a request for it in the "modding interface request" section if I were you.

something like this would be nice

Code: Select all

game.players[1].print('red text', {r=1})

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

devilwarriors wrote:nope, but it's already possible on the c++ side as this bug shown -> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29307

I would try making a request for it in the "modding interface request" section if I were you.

something like this would be nice

Code: Select all

game.players[1].print('red text', {r=1})
Thanks for the info.

I don't really need this feature at this moment, so I will leave the request to someone who needs it.
(I was thinking about making a combinator mod for message broadcasting, but Nexela is doing that as discussed here, so I will leave this to him if he thinks this feature is important. ;) )

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Not realllllly needed :)

Should I keep the background be transparent? or solid? or figure out a way to make it sorta-see-throughie ?

PPS I just noticed time-tools has been recently updating bringing the icon height into line. Thanks Binbin if you see this! Don't mind the slight differences, at full screen everything except maptools is the same height.
Attachments
alerterbox.png
alerterbox.png (157.54 KiB) Viewed 2240 times

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:Not realllllly needed :)

Should I keep the background be transparent? or solid? or figure out a way to make it sorta-see-throughie ?

PPS I just noticed time-tools has been recently updating bringing the icon height into line. Thanks Binbin if you see this! Don't mind the slight differences, at full screen everything except maptools is the same height.
That looks great!

Definitely not solid if there can be more than one line of messages. Maybe 50 - 80% alpha. ;)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

10-4 on alpha! and I will probably do a config-limit to only display 5x alerts? and also timestamp alerts to keep newest alerts at the top.

Return to “Modding discussion”