Mod changes in 0.13

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod changes in 0.13

Post by bobingabout »

Added modifiers to the character entity that stack with the force research bonuses but are unique to the character: character_crafting_speed_modifier, character_mining_speed_modifier,
character_running_speed_modifier, character_build_distance_bonus, character_item_drop_distance_bonus, character_reach_distance_bonus, character_resource_reach_distance_bonus,
character_item_pickup_distance_bonus, character_loot_pickup_distance_bonus, quickbar_count_bonus, character_inventory_slots_bonus, character_logistic_slot_count_bonus,
character_trash_slot_count_bonus, character_maximum_following_robot_count_bonus, character_health_bonus
I heard these modify the charactor, seperate from reasearch. where exactly would you use these?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

bobingabout wrote:
Added modifiers to the character entity that stack with the force research bonuses but are unique to the character: character_crafting_speed_modifier, character_mining_speed_modifier,
character_running_speed_modifier, character_build_distance_bonus, character_item_drop_distance_bonus, character_reach_distance_bonus, character_resource_reach_distance_bonus,
character_item_pickup_distance_bonus, character_loot_pickup_distance_bonus, quickbar_count_bonus, character_inventory_slots_bonus, character_logistic_slot_count_bonus,
character_trash_slot_count_bonus, character_maximum_following_robot_count_bonus, character_health_bonus
I heard these modify the charactor, seperate from reasearch. where exactly would you use these?
Perhaps to temporarily immobilize/disable/restrict a character in certain situations.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Last edited by binbinhfr on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

bobingabout wrote:
LuaPlayer: http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.13.0/LuaP ... d_modifier
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

About this character_running_speed_modifier , it seems to be an additive/substractive modifier (?), and not a multiplicative one (when it is equal to 0, it has no effect). So, to use it efficiently on temporary changes (especially if i want to slow down the character), it would be nice to know the current max running speed of the character. But I cannot figure out how to do it. Nothing on EntityPrototype. An idea Rseding ?

Edit : character_running_speed_modifier seems to be additive on a multiplier modifier.
when -1, the character has no speed, -0.5 half speed, 0 the normal speed, 1 double speed, etc....

But i would still like to know the basic maximum running speed of my character... (with exoskel, etc...)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Are there any examples around on how to use "electric-energy-interface"?
I also have a Patreon.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

bobingabout wrote:Are there any examples around on how to use "electric-energy-interface"?
I used it in my Electric Void mod, to create a big producer and a big consumer for testing purpose.
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=23735

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

bobingabout wrote:Are there any examples around on how to use "electric-energy-interface"?
I've been meaning to write some examples and put them on the wiki but I keep getting distracted fixing bugs :)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Rseding91 wrote:I've been meaning to write some examples and put them on the wiki but I keep getting distracted fixing bugs :)
Fixing bugs >> fixing wiki :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Just as a point of interest.
transport-belt-to-ground was renamed to underground-belt
pipe-to-ground was not renamed to underground-pipe.
I also have a Patreon.

BAndrisHuN
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BAndrisHuN »

Added new research options: character-crafting-speed, character-mining-speed, character-running-speed, character-build-distance, character-item-drop-distance, character-reach-distance, character-resource-reach-distance, character-item-pickup-distance, character-loot-pickup-distance, character-inventory-slots-bonus, deconstruction-time-to-live, character-health-bonus
Does anyone know how to use these, because i tried adding a research for the mining speed, similar to the lab speed that is already in game, but it did not work.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

BAndrisHuN wrote:
Added new research options: character-crafting-speed, character-mining-speed, character-running-speed, character-build-distance, character-item-drop-distance, character-reach-distance, character-resource-reach-distance, character-item-pickup-distance, character-loot-pickup-distance, character-inventory-slots-bonus, deconstruction-time-to-live, character-health-bonus
Does anyone know how to use these, because i tried adding a research for the mining speed, similar to the lab speed that is already in game, but it did not work.
Something like how this mod does it: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/C ... d_Research

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Klonan wrote:
BAndrisHuN wrote:
Something like how this mod does it: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/C ... d_Research
You mean... the completely incorrect way to do it?

All you have to do is delete the control.lua in your mod and add the proper effect type to the research so it applies it automatically:

Code: Select all

effects =
    {
      {
        type = "character-crafting-speed",
        modifier = 0.1
      }
    }

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Looks like someones mod needs an update.

BAndrisHuN
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BAndrisHuN »

Rseding91 wrote:
Klonan wrote:
BAndrisHuN wrote:
You mean... the completely incorrect way to do it?

All you have to do is delete the control.lua in your mod and add the proper effect type to the research so it applies it automatically:

Code: Select all

effects =
    {
      {
        type = "character-crafting-speed",
        modifier = 0.1
      }
    }
Thats what i tried but it doesnt work.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

BAndrisHuN wrote:Thats what i tried but it doesnt work.
What doesn't work about it? I just tested it and it works perfectly for me.

BAndrisHuN
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BAndrisHuN »

Rseding91 wrote:
BAndrisHuN wrote:Thats what i tried but it doesnt work.
What doesn't work about it? I just tested it and it works perfectly for me.
I have no idea. This is the second mod i tried to do (btw i dont know lua). I fixed all the errors it gave but it doesnt change neither the mining speed, nor the crafting speed after i researched it.

BAndrisHuN
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BAndrisHuN »

Finally it is working, and i think the problem was that i was on 0.13.3 because after i updated to 0.13.6 it worked. So here is my mod: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=28690

badkraft
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by badkraft »

Rseding91 wrote:
Schorty wrote:Why are my Mods saying, that they are for Version 0.12 and therefor not compatible with the current version of the game? I get this message in the mods menu ingame. What do I have to do, to change this?
Add the tag to the info.json: "factorio_version":"0.13" indicating the mod works with that version.

Can this be updated in the modding tut?

Return to “Modding discussion”