Adding a power switch

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
GaryP
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Adding a power switch

Post by GaryP »

When you want to turn on and off a factory object, you add a Switch inline with the electric pole and connect it to something that initiates the signal.
This works great, but the game object shows a yellow flashing icon with a plug meaning it's not powered.
Is there a way to bypass this without turning all of them off in the game?

I've been looking for a way to add a switch to a mod, controlled by a signal so when it's on/off I can control the output and not have to cut its power.

I'm working with a mod called "Water Well - pump water from the underground", and I'd like to modify it for personal use.
It's an excellent mod to pump water from the ground, but I don't always want it activated.
For example, when the water level in the tank reaches half way I want the pump to shut off (but not display the flashing icon).

This could be any mod, I'm just using this for example.

I read the modding tutorials and have altered mods in the past so I'm not completely new. :D

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Adding a power switch

Post by DaveMcW »

A pump works just like a power switch for water. You can connect it to a tank with red wire to read the water level.

GaryP
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Adding a power switch

Post by GaryP »

Thanks, I didn't know that. What I wanted was a way to mod the pump to shut off and not consume power. :)

Return to “Modding discussion”