Fast Start Up

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Danjen
Inserter
Inserter

Fast Start Up

Post by Danjen »

Is there a sort of "developer mode" you can use with Factorio that allows it to omit certain things on start up, like Steam cloud sync, ultra low resolution sprites, no music, etc?
I just figure that if you were building a mod, it would be nice to get into the game asap to test things rapidly.
Or even a command line thing that would check the mod integrity / files to make sure it's all correct without launching the game

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Fast Start Up

Post by DaveMcW »

Danjen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Danjen »

That'd do it, thanks

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

As said in the other thread: When updating control.lua you don't need to restart the game. Loading the map works too.
But what is even faster is

Code: Select all

/c game.reload_mods()
which is instant.

Most of the times where I have to restart the game it's because I changed prototype graphics, so trying to not load graphics seems like a waste of time since then I can't properly check if things look right visually. And if graphics don't change because I updated settings.lua or something like that then you can ctrl + alt + click the settings button on the start menu and then click the secret debug options under "The rest". In there use ctrl + f and search for cache and enable the options there (cache-sprite-atlas, cache-prototype-data). Then everything loads fast (as long as no graphics or prototypes has changed) and you get full quality assets.

Return to “Modding discussion”