Spritify update to Blender 2.8

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
jmattspartacus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Spritify update to Blender 2.8

Post by jmattspartacus »

Spritify is a blender Add-on, which will create sprite sheets for you from your rendered animations in blender. Here's a quick example of a cube rotated.
sprites.png
sprites.png (36.81 KiB) Viewed 1406 times

I noticed that spritify, from SkaceKachna's post
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5336
wasn't compatible with blender 2.8x, so I updated it, I still have to update documentation things, but that will happen in time.

Anyway, here's the link to the updated Add-on
https://github.com/jmattspartacus/blender_spritify

Instructions for installation and use are under the readme, please let me know if I can be more clear or if there are issues.

As far as making sprint sheets for factorio goes, I would see SkaceKachna's post.

Note: I am not the original author, fweeb is, a link to the original repo is available on the repo for this.

landmine752
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Spritify update to Blender 2.8

Post by landmine752 »

Thanks for updating the script. However, with 2.8.1 I'm getting an error that cannot find the system path.

Code: Select all

FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'c:\\user\\document\\render-name'
		if context.scene is not None and len(os.listdir(bpy.path.abspath(context.scene.render.filepath))) > 0: #XXX a bit hacky; an empty dir doesn't necessarily mean that the render has been done
File: "(spritify.py path)", line 192, in poll
It duplicates the error for line 216. It won't generate a sprite.png, but it does make a sprite.gif in the save directory if you enable AutoGIF.

I also tried DeathApocalypse's code and nothing is generated at all. In their code, the issues are line 164 and 188 (the same line of code as in the error).

Unsure if this an error caused by your update, but I thought to mention it here.

Return to “Modding discussion”