3d models of vanilla entities?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Hoangnguyen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

3d models of vanilla entities?

Post by Hoangnguyen »

If one opts to make a new power armor or a bike or say a slightly meaner tank, such an endeavor might turn out to be very problematic as models for such graphics would need elements of those of vanilla entities.

So, does anyone know whats the stance on sharing source models from which vanilla graphics are made?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 3d models of vanilla entities?

Post by eradicator »

Last time i asked the stance was "Not gonna happen".
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

I totally get why it won't happen.

I also really badly want just the pipe connector model, or at least just the texture for it. It's the hardest thing because it's the only thing I can think of right now that literally crosses the selection box boundary between vanilla sprites and mod sprites. Yes, you can photoshop it, but it's agonising.

Maybe it's a thing for after 1.0, but a "modder's support pack" with a few tiny Blender snippets like the pipe connectors/covers, maybe the circuit connectors, would be a massive boon. I don't have any use for the full models of entities personally.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

I can understand why it's not provided. But why we cannot use old graphics such as from old locomotive, old chemical plant, old transport belts etc?

Devs don't use it anymore, but modders cannot use it too. Here was done a big job, but now the result of it is gone.

Return to “Modding discussion”