Spectral Overhaul - Ambitious overhaul mod - looking for a team

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Villfuk02
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Spectral Overhaul - Ambitious overhaul mod - looking for a team

Post by Villfuk02 »

I'd like to make an overhaul mod, but I won't be able to do it alone, so I'm looking for people to work with.

Main goals:
- Not too complex in the early game
- Every playthrough is different
- New logistic challenges
- In research, more emphasis on discovery

HOW?
3 different kinds of each type of ore (fuel, structure, mechanics, electronics, oil). Only one of each group will be available in a given world.
The mod will contain three different material processing methods, 3 different logistics trees, 3 different power production methods..., each tied to the ore you got.
Each combination of processes, machines, transportation methods... will contain some unique challenges and will lead to unique designs.

This means more than 3 times the amount of work compared to an ordinary overhaul mod but it should also be like 3^n times as fun and interesting :D

In the late game, there would be a way to acquire one or even both remaining kinds of ore for each type. The two or three types should combine in a complex way to gain access to more power.

The mod is still being thought out, here is a spreadsheet with the current ideas:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Let me know if you're interested. I'm also grateful for any ideas or suggestions.
Last edited by Villfuk02 on Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Villfuk02
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Ambitious overhaul mod - looking for a team

Post by Villfuk02 »

Main challenges:
- More complicated entities
- Graphics
- Sound effects
- coming up with diverse enough things

Semenar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Spectral Overhaul - Ambitious overhaul mod - looking for a team

Post by Semenar »

Sounds like it would be great as an add-on to Space Exploration - this way, you can allow the player the access to all three resources of each type without actually putting in all of the patches.

Maybe you can forbid the second resource on Nauvis, and the third resource in the whole starting system; moons of Nauvis can have only one different resource from Nauvis.

In any case, the main problem seems to be graphics, so I cannot help.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”