Fast replace entire belt

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
cub28
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Fast replace entire belt

Post by cub28 »

Hello,

As the name suggests, after you've already laid down a line of transportation belts, at some point you wanna replace them all in one go right? Wouldn't it be great to just click a line while holding fast belts to replace all the slow ones in the chain?

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Fast replace entire belt

Post by wobbycarly »

How is this different from the upgrade planner (OK, requires robots), or "quick-replace" (laying the new belt directly over the top of the existing belt)?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

wobbycarly wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:50 am
or "quick-replace" (laying the new belt directly over the top of the existing belt)?
Tedious and error prone manual work if the belt has lots of undergrounds and corners and/or is very long.
wobbycarly wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:50 am
How is this different from the upgrade planner (OK, requires robots),
In vanilla it's not that much of a problem, but in modpacks higher tier belts can be expensive. So if you want to upgrade just one spaghetti and not the whole pasta the square selection area of the planner doesn't work very well. I can see a usecase for modded planner that selects only one lane there. Maybe an author of an existing belt mod would be interested (picker belt tools etc)?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

Good points - I guess I play (relatively) unmodded that I couldn't see some of the more specific use cases.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”